Listening to classic pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening to classic pop

This weekend in the NYT there was an article about the Library of Santa Barbara, which has made available to the public for free over 6000 cylinder recordings form the 1900's to 1920's, before records became the music recording medium of choice.

I thought this was very interesting, the chance to listen to popular music of a century ago, in its original acoustic recordings.

For anyone interested, the link:

If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Very cool. I listen to it just as soon as I get the chance.

(UC Santa Booboo is a very cool school. Altho I didn't go there, my brother, sister and best friend all did )

Comment

Isn't "classic pop" an oxymoron?

Comment

Not in the sense that this was popular music a century ago, hence "classic".
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

the beatles are classic pop too.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
            Isn't "classic pop" an oxymoron?
            Who you calling an moron!!!

Comment

That should be very cool. Electrical recordings started in 1925, I have some Blues from 1926 and 1927.

Pop. Popular. As in is/was popular. Dr Dre will be Pop.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Eric Clapton: Pop.

Comment

Exactly. Anyone.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

and I thought this would be about Cyndi Lauper.

Comment

Working...
                    X