im bored often and I dont like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im bored often and I dont like it

So i work this 40 hour a week job, I work on music maybe 1-2 hours a day, and after that its only 7-8 pm and I dont know what to do with my time. I visit friends a couple times a week too. Weekends are especially bad, because I wake up around 8 am and then have nothing I want or need to do. I read The Economist, The New Yorker, books here and there but they still dont occupy my time.

Ive given up drinking, i dont like computer games anymore, sports are only fun in person, gambling is terrible.

so should i get a second job? should I start taking classes? girlfriend? Killing hookers?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

reading the economist is your problem.

Comment

and you have found one cure for boredom. posting here.

I actually don't have enough time to do stuff. But yet I post here. I want to buy a car Monday, but I also want to get Oblivion. such decisions in life. which is more important. hmmm.

and why don't you like computer games anymore? I always say that, but then a new one like Oblivion comes out, and I buy it. But I always say that when I'm bored or pissed off at all my games. And civ4 is pissing me off at the moment. I'm tired of it.

Comment

and I have nothing to do for the next 60 minutes. any suggestions? Yeah I know I need to do some research and crunch some numbers, but that feels to much like work.

Comment

What's the matter with sports, again?

Comment

watching them on TV isnt as fun as actually being there. sports bars are alright but can be just as expensive. living in the US though theres nothing going on right now, although the mariners (baseball) will be starting up their season soon enough.

I just want something to do where I get something out of it besides entertainment and breaking the boredom. Im joining a gym at the end of the month but that only is one hour a day 5 days a week.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

That's what I was talking about.

Comment

Join a sports team.
                Start painting.

Comment

Paint a sports team......

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Wow, now there's a problem I'd relish. I love doing nothing. Just lying in bed thinking, or sitting in front of the TV, or mindlessly chatting to people on MSN. I just never have time Between AIESEC, my degree, my forum addiction and a social life, I have a choice of my valuable doing nothing time or sleep. And sleep is one of the few things nicer.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Society can always make more hookers.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Two suggestions:

1. Become a volunteer.
                        2. Find a hobby or interest, such as photography, writing, or collecting stamps.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I was going to make a volunteer joke or the hooker joke.

Sorry, hookers won out.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Become a Big Brother.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: im bored often and I dont like it

Originally posted by MRT144

Ive given up drinking, i dont like computer games anymore

THESE are the reasons why you're bored you fool!
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X