Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

presto -- you have just become the richest person in the world

presto -- I have stolen all of your money
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      That's not a bad idea, but providing cheap eduction to the poor kids is the only way out for them. Otherwise they'll just be stuck in the same deadend jobs as their parents.
      Point well taken. Okay, how about this?

Along with providing the employees with a living wage , I'd attach a free school (pre-school thru high school) for their kids. Plus, throw in some college scholarships for the best and brightest.

Ooooh, it's nice to be the richest person in the world.

Comment

Somebody somewhere is providing free tubal ligation (sp) to any Philipine woman that wants it. It's organized through the Phil government so likely it's a grant from a foriegn government. Catholic church doesn't like it... My sister in law got one which is a relief to Dolores and I as we already support 4 of hers.

Seems like a good thing for a super rich person to support.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I posted to this thread and it didn't bump so I'm trying again.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Harem.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              See the "Hetero... but up to what price" thread.

I'd pay for Apolytoners to be cornholed by gay hookers just so I could call them names and troll them about it on the forum.

From that thread, I would have many takers.
              I suspect it would be a whole lot cheaper than they claim, too
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Presto: You're the richest person in the world

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                What do you spend your money, say on...

(a) conspicuous consumption
                (b) financial investments
                (c) humanitarian gestures
                (d) excentricities

Hmmm, Zkrib's sky yacht idea is cool.

As is Rufus' "Masterpiece Theater" idea.

But JohnT, your $99G for longevity research will quickly become a money pit of scams and fraud.

@ Japher

(a) A private island isn't truly conspicuous because it's private.

(b) ~$50G, and I gotta spend my time investing it? It better already be invested. Carrying around that much cash is inconvenient. Shift a few billion into things that interest me, but I'm really too detached to talk about it.

(c) Plenty of good charities to support, but most wouldn't be able to handle more than a few tens of millions.

(d) Me? Not eccentric in the least. Just butter the dang toast all the way to the crust, dammit!
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I'd blow it all on women.

really no change from my normal life.

Comment

Invest enough to keep me well off for the rest of my life and the rest I use for humanitarian purposes in my own neighborhood. New parks, new schools, a couple of the world's tallest buildings, and some mass transit.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

a) What plenty of eccentric billionaires buy: a controlling stake in a professional sports team. Then make a new stadium, whose's outside is based on the Roman Colosseum

Perhaps also wave some money at Major League Soccer, and put an MLS team in Atlanta, playing in said Roman Colosseum.

b) Some in Indian tech companies, some in South American development if the FTAA goes through.

c) Cancer research and 3rd World development

d) Various rooms in the mansion based entirely on one precious metal/gem/rock. So a 'Gold Room', 'Platinum room', 'Marble Room'.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

why I didn't think of that.

I'd buy the San Diego Chargers. And turn them into a superbowl team.

I wouldn't be like Snyder who thinks he's some fantasy football coach. . I'd hire the best GM and coach to get the job done, and woulnd't interfere.

ahh who am I kidding. I'd interfere with the team like hell. I'd be with the players when they are partying with strippers and whores.

I'd be the worst owner ever, and enjoy it.

Comment

I'd be the worst owner ever, and enjoy it.

I'd be your Kato Kalin if you were the richest guy
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

An Army of Space Marines, with which to crush my enemies.

And, for a more realistic choice:

(1) Build a house in the Texas Hill country, on an old Pecan orchard. Get a house in town. Work at a comic book store (or start one)
                            (2) Go back to college and finish my degrees. Set up several mutual funds with which to invest in a large variety of companies/ideas...invest in private space travel start ups.
                            (3) The BSA is getting some money. So's Canine Companions. Also, any number of Historical preservation societies.
                            (4) Build the Superconducting Super Collider(with suitable modifications to reflect modern tech) in Texas. My House in the Hill country is going to be basically a good-looking survival bunker, in the event of Nuclear War/Asteroid Strike/Zombie Invasion.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

a monkey... for sure, a monkey
                              If I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars)
                              Well I’d buy you a house (I’d buy you a house)
                              And if I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars)
                              I’d buy you furniture for your house (maybe a nice chesterfield or an ottoman)
                              Well I’d buy you a K-Car (a nice reliant automobile)
                              And if I had a million dollars, I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollars I’d build a tree-fort in our yard
                              If I had a million dollars you could help, it wouldn’t be that hard
                              If I had a million dollars maybe we could put a little tiny fridge in there somewhere.
                              “You know, we could just go up there and hang out.”
                              “Like open the fridge and stuff, and there’d all be foods laid out for us like little pre-wrapped sausages and things. They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don’t have pre-wrapped bacon.”
                              “Well can you blame them?”
                              “Yeah.”

Well I’d buy you a fur a coat (but not a real fur coat, that’s cruel)
                              Well I’d buy you an exotic pet (yep, like a llama or an emu)
                              Well I’d buy you John Merrick’s remains (all them crazy elephant bones)
                              And if I had a million dollars I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollars we wouldn’t have to walk to the store
                              If I had a million dollars we’d take a limousine ’cause it costs more
                              If I had a million dollars we wouldn’t have to eat Kraft dinner
                              “But we would eat Kraft dinner.”
                              “Of course we would, we’d just eat more.”
                              “And buy really expensive ketchups with it.”
                              “That’s right, all the fanciest Dijon ketchups.”

Wel I’d buy you a green dress (but not a real green dress that’s cruel)
                              Well I’d buy you some art (A Picasso or a Garfunkel)
                              Well I’d buy you a monkey (haven’t you always wanted a monkey?!)
                              And if I had a million dollars I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollars; if I had a million dollars
                              If I had a million dollars; if I had a million dollars
                              If I had a million dollars… I’d be rich!
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

I've always wanted a monkey butler!

Comment

Working...
                                X