Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this kill US support for the War on Terror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Dinodoc isn't this big of an *******, he's just trolling

This case is 100% wrong and it does have a chance of busting up NATO and the effort in Afghanistan

In 2006 there is absolutley no excuse for killing someone for their beliefs, regardless of government or idealology. That's just a universal right that should be respected by all nations and peoples, enough said.

Yay for the War on Terror!
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Japan had it made. No military to fund. Reparations to put them on their feet at the same time.
      USA and allies have always helped the vanquished Why, I don't know.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, I'd say it really paid off with Europe and Japan. I'm *damn* proud of how they've turned out following World War II. Disagreements here and there aside, both are solid U.S. friends and, even better, securely set in their democratic ways.

You ask me, we oughta be doing the same in the Middle East. Alas, easier said than done.

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Japan had it made. No military to fund. Reparations to put them on their feet at the same time.
          USA and allies have always helped the vanquished Why, I don't know.
          It's generally a good policy if you don't want to fight the same people over and over?

How you guys are ****ing up/have ****ed up here is another story.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Because we need less enemies.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
              You ask me, we oughta be doing the same in the Middle East. Alas, easier said than done.

Gatekeeper
              50,000 US troops and another 10 to 20,000 from NATO would have said 'no Sharia', but your administration didn't seem to have much patience. New wars to move onto, and all that.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

*shrug* You're speaking to the choir, NYE, when it comes to what I think about Bush and Iraq. Hell, if we'd been really serious about changing the Middle East, we would've made stateside sacrifices like our grandparents did during World War II. But, no, the message we got was to spend, spend and spend some more to keep the economy propped up.

Gatekeeper
                "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

50,000 US troops and another 10 to 20,000 from NATO would have said 'no Sharia', but your administration didn't seem to have much patience. New wars to move onto, and all that.
                  That's the real issue. Afghanistan might have turned out very differently if the administration hadn't viewed it as a needless distraction from it's all-consuming quest to get Saddam.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Let's hope it's not Iran

They (Iran and the US) actually agreed to have direct talks today which is a first
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

That's the real issue. Afghanistan might have turned out very differently if the administration hadn't viewed it as a needless distraction from it's all-consuming quest to get Saddam.
                      Yep

Afghanistan totally had the opportunity to turn into a Japan or Gemany experience, and that's what most Americans expected, and because of this fetish for Saddam the whole place is a complete letdown

Comment

Bush just announced that he's going to take a big steamy dump on his successor by keeping American troops in Iraq until after he leaves office. Gosh, what if John McCain wins in 2008? Seems a shame to make the man a POW do a second time. Maybe what Bush meant is that he'll keep the troops there if Hillary wins.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Hum, I wonder, if a christian converts to Islam, and then back, does this apply?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Once a muslim if you change religions then their prophet has ordered that you be killed.

But then again he also was a pedophile who slept with a 9 year old so I'm not to keen on what he said.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                              Bush just announced that he's going to take a big steamy dump on his successor by keeping American troops in Iraq until after he leaves office. Gosh, what if John McCain wins in 2008? Seems a shame to make the man a POW do a second time. Maybe what Bush meant is that he'll keep the troops there if Hillary wins.
                              Yep, he's letting someone else fix the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                                Hum, I wonder, if a christian converts to Islam, and then back, does this apply?
                                Its not so clear on this, they refer to everyone who converts to Islam as reverts, so you may be an apostate or an infidel depending on the whim of the Imam. It makes no practical difference though.

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

No. Japan after WWII, yes.

If not, what have we accomplished in Afghanistan?
                                We've blown up most of Al-Qaeda's stuff on the northern side of the border. everything on the southern side of the border is still there though.

Comment

Working...
                                X