• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker advice

I have two Technics speakers, behind the speaker it's write:
    Incoming: 75 watt
    Output: 50 watt

What gauge do I need for the speaker wire?

thanks,
    bleh

Or if I choose a smaller wire size(higher gauge), do I will suffer from a loss of quality in sound??
    bleh

Comment

16 gauge
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

thanks
        Originally posted by MRT144
        16 gauge
        bleh

Comment

I use 12 gauge, but it might be a little overkill (I don't know the science behind it).

Good luck on your wiring project.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Ask the sales weenie. They might accidently know something.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

@sloww
              thanks, but it was my sister who moved to my appt and she bring his speakers and amplifier(who sound REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!) and I wanted to maximise the quality of the sound system by putting the right kind of wire.
              bleh

Comment

FWIW, I don't think too many people know the science behind audio. More voodoo and salesmanship than anything. But you probably can't go wrong with non-branded 12 gauge.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Betty Boothroyd was my favourite
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X