Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can deduct taxes for Ottoman Empire payments on your tax return!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can deduct taxes for Ottoman Empire payments on your tax return!

LOL I was doing my Cali tax return and I get THIS reference regarding some Ottoman Empire settlement payments!

PWN3D!

Attached Files
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

pwn3d!
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Is this a joke or has someone hacked IRS ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Maybe its an Armenian thing- lots of Armenians in Cali.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's obviously a joke, she has no moustache. Not even a hint.

Comment

I have no idea what an Ottoman Turkish empire settlement payment is. It might very well be the local Armenians got some sort of special law passed.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It appears the New York Life Insurance Company got it's ass sued in 1999 for not being very forth coming in paying life insurance policies to people involved in massacres in the Ottoman Empire in 1915.

Comment

Ottoman Turkish Empire. If you received settlement payments as a person persecuted by the regime that was in control of the Ottoman Turkish Empire from 1915 until 1923, your gross income does not include those excludable settlement payments, or interest, received by you, your heirs, or estate for payments received on or after January 1, 2005.

Source

Apparently, it's a new thing.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

awesome
                    CSPA

Comment

This reminds me of the form you have to fill in when entering the US. One of questions is something like: "Between 1933 and 1945, were you involved in the genocide associated with Nazi Germany or its allies? Yes [ ] No [ ]

thas is pretty awesome too
                      CSPA

Comment

Whatever money the Ottoman government took of you in that time, is not included in your US groos income?

The US government allows tax relief for a crime done by the Ottomans? This is government and tax, right= Not just some life insurance stuff? Enlighten me.

Comment

No, if you got payments as part of a settlement reimbursing you for being persecuted by the Ottoman successor government, you don't have to pay taxes on them.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Not like we'd ask but...

Ah. So it's OK if we reject Turkey from the EU now

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                              Whatever money the Ottoman government took of you in that time, is not included in your US groos income?

The US government allows tax relief for a crime done by the Ottomans? This is government and tax, right= Not just some life insurance stuff? Enlighten me.
                              No, these are settlement payments which an insurance company has paid decendents of people killed in the Armenian genocide commited by the Ottoman Turks. The court ruled that those people who held valid life insurance policies at the time were defrauded (or rather their decendents and/or benificiaries were) by insurance companies who attempted to not pay claims.

Comment

Working...
                              X