Company 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company 9

I just saw this film. It's a Russian film, a war film about these dudes in Afghanistan in the late 80s. A new film, went to a theater and all that.

It was pretty good. It said it was an anti-war movie, or someone said, but I didn't notice any anti-anything. Then again, platoon is anti-war movie too, and I think it's a great kick ass movie. I guess I just don't get the message

Anyway, it was also great that it didn't have any.. judging of the war, because that tends to turn me off when I'm going to see a war movie. Instead, it followed these few young men from training to the war. Great flick, a bit different than most... it's definitely not Hollywood film. But if you want to see a war movie, a different kind of war movie, this might be the one for some.

It had few priceless characters too! I laughed so hard few times, they really did a great job with few guys. Actors are good and so is cinematography... I mean, there are few great scenes, in the hills and sand.

I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. Worth seeing IMO. Nice breath of fresh air, I mean it's a foreign film so.. it's always interesting. The fighting scenes are also pretty good.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Working...
X