Hackers get Mac running Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackers get Mac running Windows

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Back to Apple in the future?

My first computer was a MacSE, back in the day. Before that I played games on a friend's Apple IIe. Later on a friend's PC. When I finally got around to getting my next computer, it was a PC, mostly for game-playing purposes, and I've stuck with that since.

If there hadn't been such a disparity in availabilty of games, I might have stuck with Macs.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

if someone can make a system that plays all the games and performs just as well or better than a PC

I'll be interested

if not

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      if someone can make a system that plays all the games and performs just as well or better than a PC

I'll be interested

if not

Comment

First Intel, now getting Windows to run on the machines Let's face it, this looks like a slow climbdown by Apple into making normal PCs What next? A price in line with PC manufacturers rather than the overinflated pricetag?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I like this quote:

Not even Apple's own technical staff thought the feat was possible
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

so they took a crap computer and put a crap system on it

yeah to them!

morans
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I like this quote:

Not even Apple's own technical staff thought the feat was possible
              Where is that in the article?

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                morans
                be free

Comment

I'm using someone elses computer...

yeah

this is not me

my real screen name is

uh

Asher

yeah, that's it!@
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

The time of judgment is upon us! Repent unbelievers!
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'll be interested

if not

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I'll be interested

if not

"Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                        X