ApolyCon Mod Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApolyCon Mod Pack

Over the years Apolyton has generated a wealth of scenarios, maps, threads, stories, as well as famous (for us) errata such as the Apolyton yearbook, the Five Stages of Civ IV, etc.

One of the best reasons to come to the convention is the ApolyCon Mod Pack, a DVD* to be given to all ApolyCon attendees. In addition to ApolyCon-exclusive Civ 4 and Rise of Nations scenarios/maps created by Firaxis and Big Huge Games respectively, the DVD will contain as much memorable Apolyton content as can fit:

– Great threads
    – The best in user-created scenarios and mods
    – Strategy guides, game stories, and other like content
    – Apolyton specific errata such as the yearbook(s), Hall of Fame list, and etc

However, the committee is unable to sift through the entirety of the site (especially the boards) coming up with a wealth and depth of threads that would please you, our Attendees. We’ll try, and get a lot, but our selections will be skewed towards what we know and are familiar with – it’s inevitable.

So we need your help:

– In nominating threads, items, maps, scenarios, guides, etc for all games ApolyCon covered – Civ, MOO, SMAC, CtP, etc.
    – In giving permission, if you’re the known creator, for us to use your creation. ApolyCon ’06 will not use any item (map, scenario, strat guide) without the consent of the creator. Not because we’re copyright goons (in fact, it could be that by uploading it you allow ACS rights to the file), but we just don’t want the potential long-term hassle.
    - In attending the convention.

Note the above doesn’t apply to threads – anything you said on the boards is fair game. However, if there’s something you said that you don’t want on the Mod Pack, email me at JohnT@apolyton.net and let me know which thread. We’ll either not include the thread or edit out the comment.

I’m asking Dan to X-post this across all forums and sub-forums – please feel free to use any and all these topped threads to nominate stuff and don’t feel restricted to staying forum specific – if you’re in the OT and remember this awesome Civ 2 map, post the link/message in the OT thread. Don’t feel shy about posting, don’t worry that the thread you nominated had a mere 6 replies, and please, if you can, take the time to dig up the link(s) – if you think it’s worth documenting, we’ll put it on the DVD.

Thank you,

ApolyCon 06

*Don’t complain to us that you don’t have a DVD player. That’s what we need for all the ApolyCon goodness.

I don't have a DVD player
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Time to upgrade.

Comment

How does someone NOT have a DVD in this day and age?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Because I'm a college student with a cheap laptop
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You can get one for $30.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah....it's complicated...two of my USB ports are dead and the warranty ran out. I need the two remaining for my mouse and my coolant system.

Comment

Oh, in that case, I'm coming
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'll go, but only if I am classed as a guest of honour. It is me, after all
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

A couple of guidelines, to help y'all save your breath:

1. I'm archiving all threads that are 500+ posts.
                    2. For the OT, personal stuff would be good, especially births and marriages. If you had a thread about that in your life (or remember a thread regarding somebody else), please note it here... thanks.
                    3. There might be a picture of my daughter, somewhere. Maybe.

Comment

There's a thread that I've just won a car insurance claim after the defendant backed down before going to court
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Evil, evil Finland HAS to be included.

Comment

Done, H Tower!

Btw, Provost, a link would help.

Comment

These threads better be in the MOO3 forum style.

Comment

They're gonna be in this style, whatever it's called ("default", I think )
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X