Lower Back Pain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Back Pain ?

I've lived with it for more than 2 decades after getting whiplash in a car accident and it really gets bad after awkwardly lifting something or playing golf. So now I'm developing plantar fasc**** or heelspur and having to deal with a weakening arch in my right foot, not coincidently its the right side of my lower back giving me problems.

So I slipped a couple Dr Scholl's arch supports into my golf shoes and walked 9 holes yesterday, enough to make the next couple days very painful. I then iced my right foot after getting home to keep the scar tissue down. But while my foot didn't hurt much at all, not sure if it was the icing or the arch support, my lower back actually felt better after playing golf than before. I've heard the feet and stepping/walking effects the back but now I'm wondering if my back problems stem from my feet and a $5 product would have saved me years of pain.

Any ideas?

Immediate euthanasia.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My best guess is that, in addition to the whiplash, either your pelvis got slightly rotated in the accident or your sacro-illiac joint got slightly out of whack -- which is causing your lower back pain. I'm further guessing that, by putting in Dr. Scholl's, you moved one leg upwards, which is pushing things back in the direction where they belong.

Comment

I have the insoles in both shoes, so they lift me up and forward just a bit. But just 9 holes walking that way did make my back feel differently and it still does...for the better...

The whiplash was my neck snapping straight back when some guy hit me from behind so most of my body was stationary (no head rest ). But the pain is not really close to my spine but out on my pelvis above the right foot which gives me the most trouble. Whats the sacrum?

Comment

Sacrum is the wedged-shape portion at the back of the pelvis. It is made up of the lowest portion of the spinal column. The lumbar portion of the spinal column sits on top of the sacrum.

Comment

I've had lower back problems for a long time and i've always found that walking helps.
            What?

Comment

Yeah, it "loosens" up the area. I've also found that short walks help.

Normally I'd recommend that you seek out a chiropractor... but good ones are hard to find among all the quacks. I search on-and-off for about 10 years here in California before I found a good one.

One guy even used a piano like device to analyze my aura.

Comment

reminds me of Kramer's homeopathic healer who turned George purple treating his tonsils

Comment

Well I went through reconstructive lower back surgery a few years ago (lower 3 discs removed and gone bionic) - and have felt great ever since. Of course, I have $40,000.00 worth of titanium inside me now - lord only knows how much the total medical bill was (the military footed the bill).

Basically, the Army diagonsed me as having "Degenerative Lumbar Disc Disease" - cause by years of running....and here I thought that running was good for you...
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                    I have $40,000.00 worth of titanium inside me now
                    (Zkribbler immeidately starts baking Wittlich a delicious mushroom pizza)

Comment

my second outing wasn't so great, man I'm in pain. If it aint my back, its my left wrist. I'm paying a heavy toll to play golf

I really should get an MRI or whatever they use but I'm afraid they'll find all sorts of stuff wrong with me

Oh well, its an advil night

Comment

Say no to Golf
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Berzerker, you really should get an MRI and/or a CT Scan done. Advil goes only so far after all...
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                          X