Jessica Simpson snubs Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jessica Simpson snubs Bush

Is his approval rating too low for a celebrity of her stature?
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

I wouldn't snub her bush!

Comment

You gotta love her charity, though. Some poor kids just aren't good looking enough!
      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie
        I wouldn't snub her bush!
        seconded
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

I'm sure her charity appreciates her sense of "propriety". Not only does she refuse face time with people who can help her, she does so in a manner that insults them.

Good going, Jessica!

Comment

Forti said the Republican group had even arranged for Simpson to dine at one of the head tables with House Majority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican. The NRCC hopes the $2,500-per-plate dinner event will raise $7.5 million for Republican candidates in the congressional midterm elections in November.

She was just scared to sit next to a boner
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"It just feels wrong," one Simpson insider told Reuters Wednesday, adding that the actress keeps her political views private. "She would love to meet the president and talk about Operation Smile ... but she can't do it at a fund-raiser for the Republican Party."
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sounds like she doesn't give a monkey's about this Operation Smile (Leslie Ash, any British polytubbies? ), otherwise why would this be a problem? Whether it feels wrong or not, would she not be doing it for the greater good of her Operation?

Comment

Who is she, and why is this important?

Comment

And how do you know it wouldn't end up harming her Operation Smile?

Maybe 70% of her donors are Democrats, and her appearance at a Republican fundraiser would piss them off?

I can completely understand why a nonpartisan group would refuse to appear at a partisan fundraiser.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                      Who is she
                      Someone who I never thought I'd end up defending

and why is this important?

It's not
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I may or may not have come across nude pictures of her. Her name sounds vaguely familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          And how do you know it wouldn't end up harming her Operation Smile?

Maybe 70% of her donors are Democrats, and her appearance at a Republican fundraiser would piss them off?

I can completely understand why a nonpartisan group would refuse to appear at a partisan fundraiser.
                          Me too, but it's supposed to be a charity! By your rationale, then will she really have boosted her Democrat support by enough to justify the alienation of the other 30%, or would she instead have alienated those who might have given even more? And are US philanthropists really bothered by which party you might have appeared with? What's philanthropic about that?

Comment

Isn't it easier to refuse to appear at any partisan fundraiser than to try to deal with such questions?

The other choice is to agree to appear at every partisan fundraiser to which you're invited. If she does that then she's going to get invited to as many as they feel they can get away with. Seeing Simpson is probably worth a few extra heads at the 2500$ a plate level.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If it gets extra cash for the charity then what's the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X