Whoring my labor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoring my labor

I went to a job fair yesterday. It seems that there is a lot of demand for accountants in California. I might not be able to work in Fresno though since I haven't taken auditing yet. Some people are outright offended that I'm whoring myself without taking auditing yet, but others don't care. Anyway, if I want to work for the govt I might have to move to Sacramento. Then there's the regional Fed in San Francisco. There's some high paying cost accounting jobs in the Valley, but outside of Fresno too. Job fairs are fun. Everyone acts like they really want you. But then you go to the interview and they act like they already have someone else better.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Re: Whoring my labor

Originally posted by Kidicious
    ...Everyone acts like they really want you. But then you go to the interview and they act like they already have someone else better.
    They probably do....considering it's you and all...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I some lady take all my time trying to get me to sell cars. I only had one hour between classes. I wish I would have spent my time wiser.

Comment

anytime you exchange services for money it's "whoring".
        The only difference is that only a few kinds are illegal.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Being an accountant should be illegal...

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Re: Whoring my labor

I went to a job fair yesterday. It seems that there is a lot of demand for accountants in California. I might not be able to work in Fresno though since I haven't taken auditing yet. Some people are outright offended that I'm whoring myself without taking auditing yet, but others don't care. Anyway, if I want to work for the govt I might have to move to Sacramento. Then there's the regional Fed in San Francisco. There's some high paying cost accounting jobs in the Valley, but outside of Fresno too. Job fairs are fun. Everyone acts like they really want you. But then you go to the interview and they act like they already have someone else better.
            I had a prospective job recently and they seemed very keen, however they pulled out. I was curious about why. It transpires that they were trying to get a mate of mine in for an interview instead who had this same skill they were looking for, but as he was less qualified and experienced than me, were offering him a lot less money for the job...cheeky gits
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
              Face it. We're too valuable. Society is just really coming to that realization. As much as you hate us, you have to face that you need us.

Comment

I don't need you
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Re: Whoring my labor

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I had a prospective job recently and they seemed very keen, however they pulled out. I was curious about why. It transpires that they were trying to get a mate of mine in for an interview instead who had this same skill they were looking for, but as he was less qualified and experienced than me, were offering him a lot less money for the job...cheeky gits
                  With ones mind firmly in the gutter, this little bit has a naughty ring to it in north american english...
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't need you
                    Well ok, but you don't hire many people though, do you?

Comment

I have so many mates in the profession, I get all my accounting advice for free
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                        Hey, hey, hey there! No need to make it illegal. Being an accountant is it's own punishment.

Comment

Anyway, I might not become an accountant. I might do something else.

Comment

I don't need to pay you
                            Corrected.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Anyway, I might not become an accountant. I might do something else.
                              Actuary. Now that's somethng that pays big bucks.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X