Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone familiar with this website?

Pollution in your community.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I live in a county (Rock Island County, IL) and according to the info, it ranks among the top ten percent in terms of high level of pollution of all counties in the nation.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Club thread!

When I entered my ZIP code, it told me I lived in San Fransisco.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Prince George's

In 2002, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of total environmental releases.

In 2004, this county ranked among the cleanest/best 20% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of the number of designated Superfund sites.

In 2003, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of air quality index.

Based on EPA's most current data, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the US in terms of an average individual's added cancer risk from hazardous air pollutants.

Your Zip Code: 23606 Your Community: NEWPORT NEWS (CITY) County
        In 2002, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of air releases of recognized developmental toxicants.

In 2004, this county ranked among the cleanest/best 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of the number of designated Superfund sites.

In 1999, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of volatile organic compound emissions.

Based on EPA's most current data, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the US in terms of an average individual's added cancer risk from hazardous air pollutants.

Your Zip Code: 97360 Your Community: LINN County

In 2002, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of air releases.

In 2004, this county ranked among the cleanest/best 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of the number of designated Superfund sites.

In 1999, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 10% of all counties in the U.S. in terms of pm-2.5 emissions.

Based on EPA's most current data, this county ranked among the dirtiest/worst 20% of all counties in the US in terms of noncancer hazards from hazardous air pollutants.

JM
        (considering the last one is mostly mountains.. I wonder if it has bad things to say about everyone)
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think it is possibly bull****.

I know my area is great as far as air quality goes but they ranked us as one of the dirtiest (bottom 10%) in terms of air releases.

Though as far a nuclear power plants we are in the top 10% so no Chernobyl for me.
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

everywhere seems ot have bad airquality.. so BS on that

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, 89044 is listed as one of the dirtiest 10% of all counties.

Know what that means?

ALIENS!

Yep, 89044 is the zip code which contains Groom Lake. Otherwise know as... Area 51!

Comment

Jeez, McFun. Part of Dallas I live in is top 10 pct. too.
                What the Hell are y'all doing out there in Podunk?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Now how is it we all seem to live in the top 10 %?
                  One thing you gotta ask yourself... where are you now? -- James Blunt lyrics

Comment

We all live where pack mule isn't the primary mode of transportation.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

KENNECOTT UTAH COPPER MINE CONCENTRATORS & POWER PLANT 113,640,793 lbs.... hmm maybe that has alot to do with it. oh and.. we dont use mules... we moved up to horse n buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        everywhere seems ot have bad airquality.. so BS on that

JM
                        No it doesn't. My parents zipcode (in Ocean County, NJ 08753) is in the top 40% CLEANEST air quality.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bleh, it's a scare tactic. The % clean dirty that they give you is a composite. Check "See how your County stacks up" to see some of the numbers and it should tell you that your county has a problem with only a couple of the pollutants that they list.

BTW, you can check out the top polluters of various... stuff. The top Carbon Monoxide polluter is the WHEELING PITTSBURGH STEEL STEUBENVILLE S in JEFFERSON, OH with over twice as many tons as the next polluter.
                          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                          New faces...Strange places,
                          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

oh kewl.. I checked where my parents live and its in the top 20% clean air . Makes me feel better. Im coughing and hacking and they have better air (seeing as how they both are on oxygen and need the better air quality, its all good! )

Comment

I live in the worse 10% and my folks in the worse 40%

However, I haven't seen any smog here and there they are constantly in smog

that site is lame
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X