working out: suggestions to questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working out: suggestions to questions

So i decided i want to start working out in earnest.

1. best pre workout meal in the morning? i plan on jogging for 45-60 minutes every morning.

2. i plan on doing weights after work and on the weekend. 2 days on 1 off 3 on 1 off. alternate between lower and upper right?

3. abs can be worked out every day right?

4. what is a good time expectation for noticable results and does having set metrics to measure progress help?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

1) If you're planning to go jogging first thing in the morning when most men of reason are in bed (or even still up playing Civ), don't eat a full breakfast first. Chow down on some fruit to get yourself going, then eat a more proper breakfast AFTER you're done jogging.

2) You shouldn't fatigue the same muscle groups two days in a row, so having off-days and alternating between upper-body and lower-body routines is a good idea.

3) Yeah, don't overdo it too soon though.

4) Depends on where you are to begin with, how old you are, various genetic factors, whether you're also eating right, etc.

In general: If you're starting from a fairly "bad" condition, do not overdo your exercise regimen at the beginning or you will just injure yourself and end up worse off than you were when you started. You do not want to do that as it is a totally counterproductive waste of time and effort. If you haven't been lifting weights lately it is probably not advisable to start a routine where you lift five days a week to begin with -- two days a week should suffice for the startup phase, and should show results fairly soon. If however you are in halfway decent shape to begin with you might be able to get away with a more intensive start. Still, my advice is to take it a bit slow to begin with, then ramp up the intensity.

Comment

I also am trying to work out again

I bought a couple free weights (dumbells?)

what can I do with them?

(I can sit in a chair and put them over my head from a 90 degree angle position, and a few other things)

JM
      (is there a site?)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dubbell Workout Routine:

(You may have to search for the Excercises)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

ASK MEN
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

LOL I just found that name hilarious i dont know why hahahha

its not funny at all wtf why am i laugjing ahahahhaha
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
            X