Saddam formally takes stand for first time in trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam formally takes stand for first time in trial

The man in the background. Can you see his eyes?

18 minutes ago

BAGHDAD (Reuters) -
    Saddam Hussein formally took the stand in his trial for the first time on Wednesday after earlier acknowledging in court he gave orders that led to the killing of 148 Shi'ite men in the 1980s.

He called the court a "comedy against Saddam Hussein and his comrades."

The former Iraqi leader and seven co-accused, including former top aides, are charged with the killing of the 148 people from the mostly Shi'ite Muslim town of Dujail after a bid to assassinate him there in 1982.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

He's great entertainment.

I worry though that they have picked the wrong chrges against him. As Head of state in time of war isn't he allowed to execute people who try to assisnate him.

Why didn't they chrage him with invading another country illegally i.e Iran.

Oh wait a minute I see
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

?

Has he recognised the legality of said court?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No. He's so out of it. Now the trial is off limits to all again.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

His testimony went well, didn't it?
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Re: Saddam formally takes stand for first time in trial

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            The man in the background. Can you see his eyes?

That guy sitting back there is trying to shoot laser beams to fry Saddam!!!!
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

This is a joke

How can the Iraqi people take the new government seriously when we can't even run Saddam's damn trial correctly

This should have been a pivotal moment, the capstone in the reconstruction but instead has turned into a joke that epitomizes the failure that is Iraq
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What Iraq needs is the judge from Charles Manson's trial. He bound and gagged Manson and continued the trial when Manson tried to disrupt the procedings. I bet one day spent on international television being bound and gagged would chill Saddam out.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                X