Rock Concert, Moscow, September 1991

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Concert, Moscow, September 1991

Really powerfull stuff. Took place about a month after the hardliner's coup attempt and the police initially acted pretty harshly though the concert continued and things seem to have calmed down afterwards. Features Metallica, AC/DC, Pantera etc. It's over an hour long but it's recommended watching. (unless you really hate this music)

As a part of the Monsters of Rock tour, Metallica performs a free concert in Moscow at the Tushino Airfield, before a crowd estimated between 150,000 and 500,000 people. Legend has it that the Russian prime minister Mikhail Gorbachev personally invited the band to play at the concert. The concert features also AC/DC and Pantera. More than 1,000 militiamen are on guard around the stage, and more are hidden in trucks parked further away. Their violent methods of controlling crowds leave 53 people injured.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

It's gained some notoriety because of how the police is seen acting. Unfortunately, it's not much different from their actions in contemporary Russia.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Oh yeh... Metallica really got 'em energized.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I remember that. ****, what a rush.

What the **** happened?!?

Bring back the USSR!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          Oh yeh... Metallica really got 'em energized.
          AC/DC did some good tearing down as well.
          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

LIES! Russian police are honorable and considerate! They only arrest criminals!
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Propaganda
              I remember that. ****, what a rush.

What the **** happened?!?

Bring back the USSR!
              If you had a functioning brain you'd know why there was such a good show and such a good vibe and that is because everyone hated the system, and rock is a form of protest. However, you choose to ascribe the 'goodness' of this concert to USSR, making a fool of yourself.
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
              X