Dangers in traffic - a new level added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangers in traffic - a new level added

My radio was just interrupted with a newsflash about a ghost driver. Usually, it's some oldie that should have lost the driving license years ago or someone confused due to fog, but this time it's a truck.

This driver is currently driving in the fast lane in the wrong direction on one of the most busy highways in the area - how the heck can a proffesional driver do such a thing ????

One thing is facing a slow small car but to see the lights of a 20 tonner going straight against you with 200 km/h

While writing another flash has told that police has stopped it

Those damn ghost drivers scares the heck out of me due to the relative speed involved - anyone out there that has met such a thing ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

BlackCat, are you sure EVERYONE wasn't a ghost driver today?
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
      BlackCat, are you sure EVERYONE wasn't a ghost driver today?

Pretty sure - I have a driving license but nothing to drive in
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thought ghost drivers are people who drive without lights on at night.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Re: Dangers in traffic - a new level added

Originally posted by BlackCat

how the heck can a proffesional driver do such a thing ????
          I don't know how things are over there, but in the U.S. truck drivers often are required to make long hauls with no chance for rest [yes, it's illegal but it happens anyway]. So many drivers are on uppers to keep awake, and when they do finally get a chance to rest, they have to take downers to get to sleep. But drugs and driving don't mix well together.

Comment

Maybe depends on country - here we have a lights on 24 h/day regulation so people without light is very rare.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Many cars these days automatically put the lights on when it gets dark or when the wipers go on.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I was thinking about Mario Kart when I hear Ghost Driver
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Dangers in traffic - a new level added

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I don't know how things are over there, but in the U.S. truck drivers often are required to make long hauls with no chance for rest [yes, it's illegal but it happens anyway]. So many drivers are on uppers to keep awake, and when they do finally get a chance to rest, they have to take downers to get to sleep. But drugs and driving don't mix well together.
                  Quite different - there are very strict rules about drive/rest periods wich is monitored. Both driver and company is punished if these rules are broken, so it is very rare it happens.

Otherwise you are right, drugs (wether medical or "funny") and booze isn't the right thing when driving.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

it happens all the time BlackCat.

My aunt often marries truckers, and one of her sons was one for a while.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My aunt often marries truckers

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

- hope you don't have to drive the next couple of days JM.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

sig material
                            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Reading this i have concluded that alot of folks dont realize that many people drive when they arent supposed to. I know of three previous patients of mine that refuse to give up driving. Two of them have AICDs which are like pacemakers. If their hearts have a malfunction the things zaps them, it can happen at anytime and the person is jolted. I hate to imagine this happening while this person is driving a car.
                              There is no way of a person working at the DL office to know this person has this device you cant see it. All the folks have to do is lie on the appliction to get the dl and they are driving.
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X