From now on, I'm flying with Pakistan International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No travel? Are flight delays that bad?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you're looking for sterwardess, I mean, you have to be a REAL flamer to get in as a male. I don't see a problem, if looking fori waitresses, I'd assume that means a female, yes?

Also, about the age, that's not a biggie either. Every other add has that, usually it's the minimum age though, not maximum.

I just don't see any problems with this, EXCEPT maybe the part where it requires you to be pretty, obviously. Then again, you can leave that one out and just pick the pretty ones.

Or do you think flight girls are ugly? No they aren't, they're pretty, unless you have some kind of feminist airlines, with ugly trucker lezzies and deodorant usage.

Nationality is Norwegian does not mean white though.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

the one steward I know isn't flaming, he is straight

and seems to do pretty well with the ladies...

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yes and that's why they call it steward, not stewardess.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
            hmm-- also interesting that they don't care of you have any, I don't know, TRAINING ..

Sounds like a front for a prostitution ring
            My thoughts too actually.

Um the LANGUAGES?

Um....

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen

Um the LANGUAGES?

Um....
              Ya but all they need to say is " YOU are my best lover ever !!" in 10 languages
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Why this request for "no skin problems"? I thought burkah was mandatory in parts of Pakistan anyway?
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

An the combination of skills in English, Norwegian and Urdu must be mastered by less than 5 people in the entire world. I can imagine only Åsne Seierstad is qualified.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

actually flight attendants are required on airplanes to help out in an emergency - serving meals and drinks is just an extra.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

it's obviously totally illegal, but I guess the classifieds editor didn't pay attention
                      It would be illegal in the U.S...probably not in Pakistan.

A few years ago, I was looking at the want ad in Kuala Lampur. One of the ads was looking for a supervisor: male, age 30-35, married.

BTW: Are there any other posters here who're old enough to remember the "Help Wanted -- Male" & "Help Wanted -- Female" sections of the want ads in the U.S.? Help Wanted -- Female consisted of teacher, secretary, receptionist, nurse, housekeeper, maid, (if you were in L.A.) actress, and that was about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

It would be illegal in the U.S...probably not in Pakistan.

A few years ago, I was looking at the want ad in Kuala Lampur. One of the ads was looking for a supervisor: male, age 30-35, married.

BTW: Are there any other posters here who're old enough to remember the "Help Wanted -- Male" & "Help Wanted -- Female" sections of the want ads in the U.S.? Help Wanted -- Female consisted of teacher, secretary, receptionist, nurse, housekeeper, maid, (if you were in L.A.) actress, and that was about it.
                        Just barely - I wasnt looking for a job then, just scanning the paper.

I once looked at microfilms of old papers Jacksonville Florida. As recently as the late '50s there were seperate white and "colored" housing ads - i dont recall the old employment ads.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm curious about the minimum hight requirement of 1.60 meters. Flight personnel, at least combat pilots, normally have a maximum lenght and weight to fit into the airplane and reduce fuel consumption. But why a minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Yup all one of them
                            There are 30000 Pakistanis in Oslo.
                            Why else do you think PIA has an office there.
                            CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Or do you think flight girls are ugly? No they aren't, they're pretty, unless you have some kind of feminist airlines, with ugly trucker lezzies and deodorant usage.
                              SAS

Well, there are usually at least one middle aged stewardess and often even a male attendant. But quite often a hottie or two as well.
                              CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                                I find it interesting that the ad is in English. Granted, English is a requirement, but why the heck would you run an English ad in an Oslo newspaper...
                                Probably because PIA is an international company and English is its working language.

There is a lot of this - if the job is international, the ad will often be in English.
                                CSPA

Comment

Working...
                                X