A-Team Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Team Appreciation Thread

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles nderground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if noone else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire, THE A TEAM!

I pity the fool who doesn't appreciate the A-Team

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Best theme song ever.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Mr. T

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

If you haven't seen him on Conan, see if you can find it somewhere ... it was quite funny seeing him do "In the year 2000"
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

When I was a kid, I remember watching the A-team regularly, but for the life of me, I can't recall the plot of a single episode. And there's probably a good reason for that.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Great show. Watched it religiously.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I liked Murdoch the best.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Here's to creating threads we haven't created before.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Do you think Mr. T ever goes through Pity Withdrawl, no longer having a platform upon which to pity fools?
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

My Taylor's gonna love this
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

He has those muscles purely from carrying that sheer amount of bullion on his neck and arms
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Used to watch it relgiously, even made a Senior project, 15 minute spoof movie.

How can you not remember any of the plots, they were all the same.

I'll tell you the plot we had in our movie.

Car garage owner getting bullied by competitor.

Car garage owner finds A-Team.

Mr. T goes undercover as a mechanic, when competitor comes to bully, Mr. T kicks the goon's ass.

But then A-Team discovers they have been tricked. They are locked up in the car garage, (alone and tied up, of course), but Mr.T breaks the chains with his mighty muscles!

Then the A-Team makes a mighty car, and as the goons are burning the garage, and burning the A-Team in it.... the music fires up...

...and out flies an awesome four wheeler dune buggy.

The A-Team jumps off, and gets in a fist fight, each guy with his corresponding bad Guy (hannibal fights the bad-guy leader, Mr.T fights the bad guy big guy...)

then the bad guys are tied up, and Mr.T reminds the kids to drink their milk.

classic. :P

But most A-Team episodes had a car flip at the end, we left that part out.
                          Pentagenesis for Civ III
                          Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

That would be standard plot 1.

Standard plot 2 would involve a trick to get Mr T on a plane.

Standard plot 3 would involve Face pulling off a ludicrous scam sometimes with the assitacnce of Murdoch who had just been broken out of a VA institution.

All of these plots invlove making a cannon which fires cabbages/melons/pumkins
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                              All of these plots invlove making a cannon which fires cabbages/melons/pumkins
                              Always loved that bit. And remember, never, under any circumstances, is anyone to actually get killed.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X