Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you think Humans will start colonizing other planets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An effort on the scale of the colonization of the Americas will always be too expensive and politically dangerous for governments.

depends on the style of government.....
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• I got dibs on the Cydonia region.

I'm all about Eunostos. Talk about a view!
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• depends on the style of government.....

I'm talking about real ones.
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• hurr. even today, with governments relatively weak and dumb at the resurgence of socio-economic neoliberalism, it's doable. and the pendulum of government power swings to all directions with the course of history.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

• With 40% being a typical number for the government's share in the economy even in OECD countries I cant imagine anyone calling governments weak. Dumb, obviously, but far from weak.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Az
              But what if the chances of a return for the investment are small? ( i.e. it's possible to create a self-sufficient colony, and maybe even a very prolific one, but it's not going to be able to pay back to mother earth) does that mean that we shouldn't do it?

bull****, I say. Just like kids shouldn't be had only as means of them working in fields, so humans shouldn't expand only when driven by profit.
              How about using the moon as a penal colony?
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                [Butthead]
                Heh, heh.. He said penal.. Heh, heh..
                [/Butthead]
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• when pigs fly out of my ass
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Stranger things have happened in Seattle.
                    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• i dont know if this a reference to the shooting, or the paper the stranger, or what.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

A star's fusion reactor can only produce up to iron. Other forces are involved in going past that.
                          I know, but I was ilustrating the ability of stars to make new elements from H and He, the lead and gold thing is just an ilustration, since the term is well known.
                          I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I already coverd that, along with unethical medical experiments on the inmates.

I'm not buying BtS until Firaxis impliments the "contiguous cultural border negates colony tax" concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by _BuRjaCi_
                              I already coverd that, along with unethical medical experiments on the inmates.

Don't have to go to the moon for that.

Comment

• Yes, China's much closer.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X