Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rift between Bush and Republican Congressmen gets worse.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by DaShi


    That the thing. If you call it bigotry, you should be able to support that claim.
    Well I've yet to hear a rational reason why the deal would have put anyone's security at risk. I'm left with incoherent fears of Arabic companies based on aether.
    I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
    For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

    Comment


    • #77
      Don't forget, DD, Arabic companies led by a CEO who happens to be a white guy from New Jersey.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

      Comment


      • #78
        That only makes them more fearsome.
        I make no bones about my moral support for [terrorist] organizations. - chegitz guevara
        For those who aspire to live in a high cost, high tax, big government place, our nation and the world offers plenty of options. Vermont, Canada and Venezuela all offer you the opportunity to live in the socialist, big government paradise you long for. –Senator Rubio

        Comment


        • #79
          Personally, I think that anybody proven to be from New Jersey beyond a reasonable doubt should be executed forthwith.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Don't forget, DD, Arabic companies led by a CEO who happens to be a white guy from New Jersey.

            I don't give a **** about which race anyone belongs to. The fact that Dubai has any kind of direct connection with the GOVERNMENT of the UAE is enough for me to be concerned.

            You do realize that government and race/ethnicity are two entirely different things, yes?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

            Comment


            • #81
              The fact that Dubai has any kind of direct connection with the GOVERNMENT of the UAE


              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

              Comment


              • #82

                Brilliant.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

                Comment


                • #83
                  have the conspiracy theorists linked Dubai and Dubya?
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

                  Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    @ MrFun!
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Jac de Molay

                      Bush and Co. have ratcheted up the fear for so long that they just happened to finally reap what they sow.
                      I never thought of it that way but you are 100% right
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        I never thought


                        Word. All the rest was just superfluous...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Free trade
                          Xenophobia
                          Paranoia

                          Though, I wonder if I am more disturbed by the fact that I actually agree with Bush on something or by the fact that so many people are so quick to panic at the first hint that our security might be compromised. I just don't buy into the mass paranoia, though as you say that part is Bush & co's fault.

                          Frankly, I take no pleasure in seeing him take another hit over this because it just means he started a wave of paranoia then lost control. Kinda like a few other things he screwed up.
                          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                          -Joan Robinson

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Interesting story on how the domestic Mafia controls some of our ports. Like that wasn't common knowledge already.

                            But according to some of our genius citizens, they'd prefer the Mafia to control the ports over Arab countries.

                            Some people been watching too much Sopranos.

                            Xenophobia yay!
                            Attached Files
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

                            Comment


                            • #89

                              NEW YORK -- Justice Department lawyers warned eight months ago that a nefarious element had infiltrated important East Coast ports, but they weren't talking about terrorists or Arab shipping companies.

                              They were talking about the mafia.

                              In a civil suit filed in July, prosecutors accused the International Longshoremen's Association, the 65,000-member union that supplies labor to ports from Florida to Maine, of being a "vehicle for organized crime" on the waterfront.

                              Packed with tales of corruption, embezzling and extortion, the complaint accused union executives of being associates of the Genovese and Gambino crime families.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                working class guys made good
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

                                Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X