Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Politics and technology go hand-in-hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics and technology go hand-in-hand.

interesting article . . . . . . .

Democratic Party seeks to catch up with the Republican Party in using latest technology.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Leading By Example

Republicans are Smarter... thanks for the proof
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Leading By Example

Republicans are Smarter..
      funniest post -- EVER
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

funniest post -- EVER
        well, if success were any indicator of intelligence

btw, if the dems are so smart, how come they couldn't beat Bush... twice?

how come they gave us a choice between the most boring, and quite frankly, the worst possible candidates to go against Bush?

and now that I think about it, as bad as Gore was, why did they pick Liebertwit to be his running mate? that was a god awful choice

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How could they ket Kerry lose?
          What?

Comment

Republicans are probably smarter at politics and business, but that doesn't really make you smart overall.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

state & capital

two wolfs in the same boat - and who has to row? You!

or something along those lines
              CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                Republicans are probably smarter at politics and business, but that doesn't really make you smart overall.
                sure

but my contention is that the democrats are stupid at politics AND in general

not all of them, there are some good ones

but whoever has been calling the shots the past, oh I don't know, 7 years, well... they are retarded

because if they were smart, they would have recognized their lack of political skill and stepped aside

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Democrats are much smarter when it comes to losing elections.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    Democrats are much smarter when it comes to losing elections.
                    no

I bet if they tried to do that, they'd **** it up

HEY thats a good idea

let me send an email to them

they should try to lose, then maybe they will win!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I think it's just unrecognized genius. There's obviously a lot of potential for them if they can extend it to the states' legislatures and local councils level.

Comment

Winston: Savior of the Democratic Party.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm getting kind of tired of getting targetted all the time.

I know, get used to it. But still...
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The Republicans own the language and frame the debate. It's that simple.

The only way forward for the Democrats, IMO, is to go for all-out protectionism. Think about it. Tariffs aren't a rightwing swearword like taxes and regulation. Bush occasionally flip-flops on the issue himself.

Free trade is an intellectual's ideology, whereas protectionism is the ideology of the patriotic blue-collar populist. Perfect for making inroads into poor Republican areas. Some companies will complain, but there'll be plenty that won't. Anyone who does can be attacked for their lack of patriotism or for being 'pro-China'.

Remember Nationalist? He once complained about being laughed at for wanting to buy a shoe that was made in America. That's just the sort of victimised patriotism that has worked wonders for the Republicans. There's a thousand stories like that just waiting to be collected and harnessed.

I do not support this approach - it's essentially just a different kind of right-wing politics - but it might just be a path into power for the Democrats. What they do with that power is up to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

I do not support this approach - it's essentially just a different kind of right-wing politics - but it might just be a path into power for the Democrats. What they do with that power is up to them.
                              And that the essence of the problem the Democrats have. Most Democrats are unwilling to abandon their principles in order to gain an electoral advantage, an unwillingness that someone like Karl Rove could never imagine.
                              "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X