Can we shoot stupid parents??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we shoot stupid parents??

So I'm in the grocery store. I walk passed a lady who's little kid is wearing a plastic bag at a hat. Then I head round the corner to the next aisle. There a family is laughing as their toddler is standing up in the seat of shopping cart and doing a dance.

Are parents going to Stupid School these days?!

Off-topic for a bit - I once thought out the details of a stupid driver system:

- everyone is given some sort of laser or signal pointer device
    - every car is fitted with a receiver for the pointer signals
    - people can freely point their devices at vehicles and designate the driver as "bad"
    - initially only at extreme ends (top/bottom 1%), the cumulative scores have impacts - discounts on insurance and/or license points
    - over time and as the system gains acceptance, you could add other penalties and benefits.

OK - back on topic - I'm wondering if something similar could work for parents...

Comment

Just report them to social services and offer to take care of the kids yourself.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
        Off-topic for a bit - I once thought out the details of a stupid driver system:

- everyone is given some sort of laser or signal pointer device
        - every car is fitted with a receiver for the pointer signals
        - people can freely point their devices at vehicles and designate the driver as "bad"
        - initially only at extreme ends (top/bottom 1%), the cumulative scores have impacts - discounts on insurance and/or license points
        - over time and as the system gains acceptance, you could add other penalties and benefits.

OK - back on topic - I'm wondering if something similar could work for parents...
        Actually, a method outlined in a comic novel I read as a teen (it might have been ione of John Powers' Catholic-childhood novels) is even better, and simpler, though it only works for city driving:

In every town, there would be one driver given life-and-death powers over every pedestrian, and one pedestrian given life-and-death powers over every driver. Their identies are secret. Problem solved.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

And just so I don't threadjack: of course we can shoot parents! Ask the Menendez brothers!
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

plastic bag as a hat

stupid kid! those are space helmets!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Actually, does anybody remember the old SNL routine with Dan Ackroyd as the unscrupulous children's toy salesman and Jane Curtain as a consumer advocate? His toys included an all-black Haloween costume and a giant bag of glass? One of their best skits ever.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I liked the oily rags and matches set
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

nice one SLoww
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I liked the oily rags and matches set
                      I believe one of the toys was, in fact, a plastic bag to be used as a space helmet ("Johnny Astronaut").

Comment

yeah, I steal a lot of my material
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

When I am elected Emperor of All Sentient Beings In the Universe, my first act will be to introduce a birth control substance into the water supply that affects men and women alike. Once you reach age 25 and prove that you are not a complete and total ****ing dumbass, you get the antidote.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You got my vote

Comment

Working...
                            X