No announcement yet.

Is Texas ready for Governor Kinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides that, Ramo is the Texas equivalent to Florida's Che. Perpetually griping. Couldn't make either happy on a bet.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

if i was texan i'd vote for this guy
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

This is one of the rare moments I regret not being a Texan. Man, being able to vote for Kinky Friedman...

There was a documentary on him a couple of years ago on Dutch tv. He didn't do music anymore, he didn't do writing anymore, he was helping out his aunt at her dog shelter
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

If there was a "Kinky" on my ballot they'd get my vote.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The first Kinky song I ever heard

I saw a picture yesterday
            In a men’s room near L.A.
            Lying on the floor beside the throne.
            Had I not recognized the cross
            I might have failed to know the boss,
            I thought, Lord, you look neglected and alone.

I picked it up with lovin’ care,
            I wondered who had placed it there,
            When l saw there was no paper on the roll.
            I said, Lord, what would you do
            If you were me and I was you,
            Take a chance, save your pants or your soul ?

Then a voice said,
            Kinky, it’s jesus here, you know that I ain’t no square.
            Well, I’ve got these pictures of me,
            I mean statues, you know they’re everywhere.
            Well, I may seem I come from liverpool,
            And then on the other hand I may come from france,
            But if you don’t get off that toilet, well I’m just gonna have to dance.

I saw a picture yesterday in a men’s room near L.A.

Ringo Starr as Jesus
            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
            And notifying the next of kin
            Once again...

Comment

OMGGFF these onerous fascist restrictions are teh criminal!!
              and you support them, so you are a fascist now? Hell, I thought fascists and commies didn't even need campaign finance laws since they're not exactly fond of actual elections.

Comment

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

I don't know if I could take anybody with the name Kinky seriously.

Much lower on the name totem pole than, say, Sonny or Buddy, and just slightly lower than Scooter.
                    B♭3

Comment

Berz, don't be silly. Countries with the word "Democratic" in their name are very democratic, as long as everyone votes for the Party's candidates.
                      B♭3

Comment

Che is slightly funnier than MrFun.

Che was much, much, much funnier than MrFun before he sold out to the MAN and cut his HAIR.
                        B♭3

Comment

A recording of Alvin and The Chipmunks was funny the first time heard, then becomes irritating quickly.

Comment

Alvin and the Chipmunks. You bring this up to compare it to who, MrFun, Che, or Me?

I want to be Theodore! He's got the glasses. That means you get to be Dave Seville, Sloww...
                            B♭3

Comment

Comment

Che cut his hair??!?!?!?!????

Now I'm wracked with guilt. I cut my hair last year shortly before I saw Che and he was pretty surprised. I rmember telling him it wasn't that big a deal, just a ponytail.

I can't believe he took me seriously! Forgive me, Lord!!
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X