Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx Slow

Comment

I'm a long-time fan. Spun the Texas Jewboys as a radio DJ in college. And his writing is actually pretty good.

GO KINKY!!
      Wow, I just know him from his appearances on Imus

Comment

I randomly met Kinky walking in downtown Austin a few months ago. We talked politics and polls for a few minutes, and then he invited me to his ranch. Nice guy.

What bothers me about him, and what prevents me from supporting him, is that he is in favor of the death penalty. And let's face it, the TX Governorship is such a ceremonial position that the most important thing that the Governor does is kill people. Kinky also has David DeGuerin running his campaign. Tom DeLay hired DeGuerin as his defense attorney.

Anyways, he has a few problems. The biggest one is that Carole 5 Names (Scotty McClellan's mom)is in the race, as an independent. Stayhorn and Kinky are after roughly the same electorate. To get on the ballot, one needs several tens of thousands of signatures from voters who didn't vote in the gubernatorial primary, and didn't petition for another independent candidate. While Kinky has an army of followers, particularly in college towns, Strayhorn has a ****load of money. And if by some miracle Kinky and Strayhorn both get on the ballot, the anti-Perry vote (Gov. Goodhair can count on roughly ~40% of the vote) would be hopelessly divided between the two indies and whoever wins the Democratic primary.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Kinky also has David DeGuerin running his campaign. Tom DeLay hired DeGuerin as his defense attorney.
          Isn't that the lawyer who defended the Branch Davidians? I remember him describing Waco from the POV of the people inside the compound and how the evidence he saw didnt jive with the story the gov't told.

Does he test your belief in a system based on innocent until proven guilty?

Comment

No. Being guilty isn't the same thing as being guilty in the eyes of the law.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

and lawyers deal with the latter

But the guy I'm thinking of was Dick Deguerin, maybe brothers

Comment

Helping someone who's obviously guilty as sin get the easiest deal possible, in exchange for an asswad of money isn't the sort of thing that I look for in politicos.
                -Bokonon

Comment

guilty of what? campaign finance violations? Aint even a crime in my book

he doesn't mean it, Imran

Comment

The state of TX doesn't follow your book.
                    -Bokonon

Comment

no, but it should. It just isn't a crime for me to give you money to run for office, in fact, I'd say the campaign finance laws are criminal.

Comment

That's right. In Texas, you can contribute unlimited amounts of money to any state-wide or legislative candidate. If you happen to be a corporation or a union, you can't contribute directly, but all you have to do to get around this is pour all the money that you want into ad campaigns that criticize or praise a candidate, but do not use the magic words "vote for/against" or "elect."

OMGGFF these onerous fascist restrictions are teh criminal!!
                        Last edited by Ramo; March 7, 2006, 02:44.
                        -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                          I randomly met Kinky walking in downtown Austin a few months ago. We talked politics and polls for a few minutes, and then he invited me to his ranch. Nice guy.
                          I think I might've been to his ranch a few years back when I went to Austin over New Year's. UT Austin had gotten permission to utilize some rich guy's ranch. From your description, sounds like this was the guy.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

His ranch isn't in or near Austin; it's hundreds of miles away in the middle of nowhere (a town called Medina).
                            Last edited by Ramo; March 7, 2006, 02:34.
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Nevermind then.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                                [chegitz] He just wants Texans to be number one in something other than executions or toll roads. [/chegitz]

No really, if more Texans were like him, I would like it better when I had to go there. It's crazy, when you cross the state border in Texarkana, it goes from nice friendly Arkansans to offensive driving rude loudmouth Texans.
                                No, it's passing through morons like you.
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X