Mrs Horse becomes Basketball Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs Horse becomes Basketball Mom

My boys are attending an American school and becoming more American every day. My youngest has a howler of an American accent - his teacher is Mrs Harderrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The latest development is my oldest boy has made the basketball team. Mrs Horse has volunteered to help out and got this note.

Dear Mrs Horse

Thank you for helping us out, much appreciated!

I have signed you up as an assistant to one of the supervisors as indicated on the sign up sheet you returned to school.

Basically what the job entails is to

1. be an assistant to the court supervisor
    2. get stuff for refs, coaches, or scorers if needed (water, pencils, rasers extra score sheets) as asked by the supervisor
    3. help run the free throws before each game

(Basically, before the start of each game, 5 players from each team ill each shoot a free throw. These points will count towards the final sore of the game. Each basket made is only worth one point. )

Each game is 22 minutes long. Two 10 minute halves and a 2 minute half-time. Each game is scheduled to begin on the half hour. In the 8 minutes left of each half hour, the next two teams scheduled to play come on to the court and do their free throws. You will oversee the free throws of two teams on one court while the supervisor will oversee the free throws on the other court. You and your supervisor will write the points
    accumulated for the free throws on a score sheet. You will give the free throw score sheets to the scorer for that game.

Also, on the day one of the teachers will walk you through the entire process and explain it all to you. It sound complicated but really it is quite simple. Once again thanks for volunteering your time to help out.
    I don't know why I found that so amusing but I did. Sounds like slavery.

This is why you should honour your parents
    Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 6, 2006, 19:19.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

So an Indonesian lady married an Australian, moved with him to Korea, then enrolled their kids in an American school?

The world is getting smaller every day.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Why aren't they playing cricket instead? Basketball is an imperialist Yankee sport.
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

They must have fallen in with a bad crowd.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Cricket sucks.

Pretty cool, AH.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            So an Indonesian lady married an Australian, moved with him to Korea, then enrolled their kids in an American school?
            It'll be like, which one is the foreigner?

Ah, recycled jokes.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

To top it off they are both black jews
              Monkey!!!

Comment

AH where are you in Dae Min Han Gook these days if u don't mind saying?

I'm back in Incheon and B. is returned from his Honeymoon to Seoul with his lovely and blushing korean bride.

There's a great Czech beer-hall that's fun...
                "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

The world is getting smaller every day.
                  Not that small - my missus is not/not Indonesian.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                    AH where are you in Dae Min Han Gook these days if u don't mind saying?

I'm near the Hyatt, Namsan, a get together would be fun.

Comment

I could possibly round up "B." for Czech beer in Gangnam next Saturday...
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

If he's not too tired....

Comment

(Basically, before the start of each game, 5 players from each team ill each shoot a free throw. These points will count towards the final sore of the game. Each basket made is only worth one point. )
                          That's a funny way to do things. How old is your son?

Comment

he's 11,

he's also vice captain of the team. I said you don't know anything about basketball but he said he plays everyday at school

Comment

Basketball's a really fun game to play.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X