Back in the Land of the Morning Clam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Land of the Morning Clam

Well here I am back in Korea, pursuing what seems to be becoming a career of sorts.

The usually adventures/nightmares of starting out here...I won't really have a stable cash flow for about 4 months. I'm currently surviving on 50 000 Won worth of gift certificates that my ISP gave me.

The problem is that the start date for work keeps getting pushed back and that means no dough...

Lots of phun stuff though...saw Korea's only Chinatown, and the Chinese-Korean Cultural Exchange Building.

I also served as a palanquin bearer/slave at a friends' elaborate traditional Korean wedding, including freezing my feet in the Traditional slave garments and then getting Traditionally pissed in the Traditional Czech beer-hall after party...

LOL I also went to 'Jayu' (freedom) park which supposedly commemorates the Incheon Landing of MacArthur....there are two other statues in the park, one commemorating a student uprising...the other two statues, featuring koreans, are immaculate with fresh flowers. MacArthur, keeping his lonely vigil over Incheon harbour, is a pigeon target. Quite the contrast. There is also a tiny little Department of US Navy plaque and some UN thing.

Anyway hello to any apolytoners currently in Korea or just passin' through!!
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

:waves:
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Land of the Morning Clam?

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

The Morning Clam?

Sounds like an obscure sexual position.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
        X