Pay too much and you could raise the alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Your type worries me, that you see no harm in the constantly increasing infringement of civil liberties...when will you ever see it? The clampdown continues in the name of so-called terrorism but where are the results? Our government wanted to increase the maximum detention time without trial to 3 months...to what end? That's long enough to utterly ruin someone's life without any comeback...and what would it do to prevent terrorism?

I bet you're the type, had you been around in the time of the Third Reich, who wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the gassing of Jews - after all, it doesn't harm you, does it?
    And your type is the one that disgusts me is the one comment I have for that.

Comment

A couple months ago, I charged $7,500 in tuition on my credit card, then paid $8,000 on the account a few days later when my student loan check came in, both highly unusual amounts for me. I got a call from the credit card company the afternoon I made the charge, but they simply wanted to know it was me for fraud prevention purposes. Nothing else happened. All of this is to say I think Dauphin's on target.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

banks

republicans

bush

terrorists

giving the government unchecked powers it doesn't need to fight terrorism
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

And your type is the one that disgusts me is the one comment I have for that.
          Miaow.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

but where are the results?

when do you ever see 'results' of terrorism or crime prevention?

you usually don't.

Comment

Another thing, I don't believe in breaking the law to enforce the law.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

LIBRUL TRAITOR
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                  Damn those terrorists and their desire to lower US consumer debt.
                  damn them all to hell! They must pay for their crimes!

Comment

this is pretty scary
                    CSPA

Comment

I actually think the story is very one-sided. But if true, it is scary. I actually save a lot of money, and don't spend it. I wonder if I'm under invetigation.

Comment

They were told, as they moved up the managerial ladder at the call center, that the amount they had sent in was much larger than their normal monthly payment. And if the increase hits a certain percentage higher than that normal payment, Homeland Security has to be notified. And the money doesn't move until the threat alert is lifted.
                        Guilty until proven innocent

Where is the harm done to him? If you want to file grievances, I'd say the demonstration of actual harm is rather central.
                        Emotional distress? I know I'd be distressed wondering if someone stole my money and then having to track down what happened only to find out I'm being investigated as a potential terrorist by the Feds. They've been spying on people who show "unusual" or "excessive" financial activity in their drug war, so now they just added the power to seize our money. Oh wait, law enforcement was keeping people's money deemed to be "drug money". Hell, they were pulling people over on freeways back east and south and taking larger sums from people and refusing to give it back when the victim was shown innocent of being a drug dealer.

Comment

Where is the harm done to him? If you want to file grievances, I'd say the demonstration of actual harm is rather central.
                          Ah yes the old "You've got nothing to fear if you've got nothing to hide". Try thinking about that one for a second .
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Ah yes the old "You've got nothing to fear if you've got nothing to hide". Try thinking about that one for a second
                            massive identity theft

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I bet you're the type, had you been around in the time of the Third Reich, who wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the gassing of Jews - after all, it doesn't harm you, does it?

I agree with SlowwHand on this issue, but even this retort of yours against Winston was uncalled for and just plain lame.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

I agree with SlowwHand on this issue, but even this retort of yours against Winston was uncalled for and just plain lame.
                                Did I ask for your opinion?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X