Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The College Basketball Thread!

"Florida State has not beaten anyone of note."
    -- Jay Bilas, in summary of the Seminoles' bubble chances.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Always nice to see Duke get knocked down a peg.

Anyways, we had the college football threads, and with March Madness and the associated pool right around the corner, I figured college basketball was worthy of its own thread.
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

I do think what has happened with college basketball (nobody paying much attention until the tourneys) demonstrates the wisdom of the current football system.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

the big question: Will the Bearcats get in?

Comment

I do think what has happened with college basketball (nobody paying much attention until the tourneys) demonstrates the wisdom of the current football system.

Damn. Beat me to it...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I'm not sure if that is the reason; the early-to-middle part of the college basketball season has to compete with the NFL playoffs, the 800-pound gorilla of American sports.

College football has to compete with the NFL regular season, true, but only the very start of the NBA and NHL, and it overlaps MLB playoffs by only a few weeks.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

The Super Bowl was almost a month ago and we're just getting a college basketball thread now...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
            X