Apres Moi, Le Deluge (weather thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apres Moi, Le Deluge (weather thread)

Gadzooks! L.A. is supposed to get 4 inches of rain this afternoon. --10 inches in the mountains. That means some nasty mudslides are in store for unlucky homeowners. My internet service will probably go down.

We get three types of rainstorms in L.A. Warm and really wet ones blow in from the tropics ("The Pineapple Express"); cold and less wet ones creep down from the Gulf of Alaska; a psycho ones twist their way up from the Gulf of Cortez, cross the deserts, and come at us from over the mountains. These are weird; widely scattered; rain with blue skies, tornadoes and waterspouts.

Hope you're having better weather.

The Weather at New Years flooded my dad's house because the city neglected to hook up the drain field under his house... they still haven't done that.

Looks like he's going to get wet again.

Fresno city employees are morons.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Fresno? Strange, you don't look Portuguese.

My sister lived there for a year, and can probably do at least an hour long comedy routine on the place...and she's an HR exec. --Just think what she could do if she were funny.

Comment

I was born and raised in Fresno

it's normal to me
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Comment

duck, duck, nigga!

I didn't know the difference between goose and nigga until I was 12
            Monkey!!!

Comment

-2 C right now, with la bise "the kiss", a wind blowing from the east-north-east, its -6C. 40% of snow in the next 8 hours.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Fresno city employees are morons.
                No, just lazy.

Camden city workers put up a misspelled street sign a couple streets down from me. That's what you're looking for.
                meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

"what does your dad do for a living?"
                  "he's a civil servant."
                  "what does your mom do for a living?"
                  "she doesn't work either"
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                    "what does your dad do for a living?"
                    "he's a civil servant."
                    "what does your mom do for a living?"
                    "she doesn't work either"
                    Nah, this goes:
                    3 children dispute who's got the fastest dad.
                    1st child says: "my dad's in the formula 1 and goes 300km/h"
                    2nd child brags: "my dad'a a military jet-pilot, he's faster than than the sound, beat that."
                    The 3rd child smiles in triumph: "my dad is a civil servant. His working day finishes at 4PM and he's already at home at 2!"
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

(Zkribbler, who is a public servant, does not appreciate the above humor.)

Comment

I bet Jon Miller wouldn't either
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

We've been getting dumped on up on this end of the state also for the last couple days. And the next couple.

A big rain here is nice though, as it cleans the sidewalks.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                          X