The show goes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The show goes on

Do you remember that thread about the woman who had her morning-after pill denied?

The show goes on!

Efforts by antiabortion groups led to the passage last year of a Texas bill that eliminated the drug from a demonstration family-planning program, and to an Arkansas bill that kept emergency contraception off a list of protected contraceptives.

Jackie Payne of Planned Parenthood accused Plan B opponents in the states of mounting "an active attempt to blur the line and confuse people about emergency contraception -- saying it's abortion when it's not. Our job is to explain how emergency contraception avoids later abortions, and is in fact a win-win for everyone."
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Thank god we have such Christian fundamentalists who are doing their courageous duty to save our civilization from cultural degeneration and eternal damnation.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

AFAIK, Plan B is at times an abortifacient. Indeed, if it weren't so, then it would be of no use. I don't know where the line is being blurred here.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Hey, every sperm is sacred.

Condom is murder!

You'll all burn in hell!

Not for any specific reason, mind you.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          AFAIK, Plan B is at times an abortifacient. Indeed, if it weren't so, then it would be of no use. I don't know where the line is being blurred here.
          If Plan B is an abortifacient, so is spirals and a some other contraceptive contraptions.
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Indeed. Even the pill can be an abortifacient at times, though that's not the purpose of the pill.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

and to an Arkansas bill that kept emergency contraception off a list of protected contraceptives.
              What can I say? Every place has morons.

In other news, Arkansas is one of only 5 states in the country that pays for AP tests for high school students. Tell me if any of you guys ever saw THAT in the biased news.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
              X