Duke of Edinburgh appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke of Edinburgh appreciation thread

* When visiting China in 1986, he told a group of British students, "If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed".
    * After accepting a gift from a Kenyan native he replied, "You are a woman, aren't you?"
    * "If it has four legs and is not a chair, has wings and is not an aeroplane, or swims and is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." (1986)
    * "British women can't cook." (1966)
    * To a British student in Papua New Guinea: "You managed not to get eaten then?"
    * Asked a Scottish driving instructor, "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough for them to pass the driving test?"
    * On a visit to the new Welsh Assembly in Cardiff, he told a group of deaf children standing next to a Jamaican steel drum band, "Deaf? No wonder you are deaf standing so close to that racket."[5]
    * He asked an Indigenous Australian, "Still throwing spears?" (2002)
    * Said to a Briton in Budapest, Hungary, "You can't have been here that long – you haven't got a pot belly." (1993)
    * To the President of Nigeria, who was dressed in traditional Muslim robes, "You look like you're ready for bed!"
    * Seeing a shoddily installed fuse box in a high-tech Edinburgh factory, HRH remarked that it looked "like it was put in by an Indian".[6]
    * When a twelve-year-old boy told the Prince that he aspired to be an astronaut, His Highness responded, "You're too fat."
    * On the Royal Navy ship HMS Boxer, when given a tour of the ship, which was quite extended, was quoted to have said, "Not another ****ing chamber"
    * On a visit to Exeter Cathedral, he asked a blind woman with a guide dog, "Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?"
    * Visiting San Francisco in 1983, after meeting then-mayor Dianne Feinstein and several female members of the city council, he remarked, "Aren't there any male officials?... This is a nanny city."
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Who is that cretin?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Duke of Edinburgh...

Comment

* When a twelve-year-old boy told the Prince that he aspired to be an astronaut, His Highness responded, "You're too fat."

The rest are terrible

Comment

hahaha yeah, Eddie Izzard absolutely RIPS this guy apart

It's quite funny actually.. he used him a lot in one routine... even had some callbacks....
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            Who is that cretin?
            Oh, just the husband of the Queen of England...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

This guy is way cool.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

"That Bloody Greek"

* what my Dad used to call him....
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Aggie, I hope you've saved on your hard drive the animated Hasselhoff gif I posted in your thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X