Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista to help out gamers

Nice option from the latest Vista build here (from CNET):

This will definitely save time scouring over websites to see when the next patch is coming out.

I wish we had something like that now!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Xfire does that.

Not claiming that Xfire is a good thing or not, but it does do that... and downloads them for you.

Comment

Oh... is that what Xfire is? The only thing I know about it is CivIV asked you if you "wanted to play with your friends" when asking you to install Xfire. That pissed me off (because you don't need it for multiplayer) that I always passed.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I think it's main function is to see wether any of your "buddy's" are online.
        IIRC I used it once a long time ago.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This is terrible! Why would an OS disclose the sexual preferences of gamers? What right do they have?!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I sure hope this is optional, it doesn't seem like a feature I want to use
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

This is terrible! Why would an OS disclose the sexual preferences of gamers? What right do they have?!

EDIT: quote added
              Last edited by alva; February 24, 2006, 14:24.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hate having cds in the drive, so I always use no-cd cracks... I don't want to start the game one day to discover it has updated the game, and then I have to waste time finding a new no-cd thingy*

* Or even worse, searching through all my games to find the needed cd

Comment

Do check boxes normally signal mandatory feature to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                    I sure hope this is optional, it doesn't seem like a feature I want to use
                    You can see the options checkbox in the screenshot posted...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's in beta, they still have time to remove the checkboxes

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                        I hate having cds in the drive, so I always use no-cd cracks... I don't want to start the game one day to discover it has updated the game, and then I have to waste time finding a new no-cd thingy*

* Or even worse, searching through all my games to find the needed cd
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                        X