X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best. Advice. Ev3r.

Reduce your risk of alcohol-related injury: stay drunk

By Chris Williams

Weekend drinkers are more likely to injure themselves when hammered than full-time pro boozehounds, Swiss researchers have found.

Admissions to the emergency department at Laussanne University Hospital over an 18-month period from pool cue related mishaps and the like were much more frequent amongst less committed schnapps bingers. The pattern was the same for both men and women.

A further finding of the study, published in the journal Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, and to be filed under Bleedin' Obvious, was that people who never drank were many times less likely to wind up in casualty.®

The lesson: Drunkennes or death!
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Duh.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

That's why I don't stop
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I have seen people with a .14 BAC who can barely stand and others with a .35+ who seem perfectly normal.

BTW... .08 is legally drunk in most US states.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Sweet. If this is true, at this point, I could operate a ****ing crane while throwing back shots of Jack Daniels
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

What's the use of getting sober,
              When you're gonna get drunk again...
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

I never drink but I always trip on that little step in all those bars and clubs lol
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

mind the gap

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    I have seen people with a .14 BAC who can barely stand and others with a .35+ who seem perfectly normal
                    Yeah. And even given one single individual, the BAC doesn't tell the whole tale.

Some nights I feel dead sober when I'm definitely at 0.20 or above, whereas other nights that would be more than enough to put me on my ass.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

in general it seems a function of:

How much I have been drinking recently.
                      How much food I have had that day.
                      How much water I have had that day.
                      My physical condition.

Jon Miller
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Techies ...
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

nice one LC

Comment

Working...
                            X