(funny) Infomercial spoof we made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (funny) Infomercial spoof we made

Last weekend my friends and I entered a 36 hour film contest. For genre we received infomercial and had to make a 3-6 minute long film that included snaphands. Here's what we came up with. Please watch it, and tell me what you think about it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No
    21.43%
    Maybe
    28.57%
    Banana
    7.14%

it was alright, but nothing that had me laughing out loud.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

ok cool. Thanks for watching it SB.

Comment

I think it was pretty good, I've seen a lot of spoofs less funny than that that made it on to TV.

The production values were much higher than I was expecting, it was really well shot and edited, especially for 36 hours!
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

The voice-over is well done.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Was ok, but might have been better if there hadn't already been about a thousand infomercial spoofs done (not including infomercials themselves, which are pretty much self-spoofing.) I didn't really find it funny just because of that. But I agree, the production quality was pretty good for the time frame.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

I didnt find it funny but I did think it was well made. It might have reached 'funny' if it was about 2 minutes shorter.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

funny? this was hilarious!

"four easy payments of 19.99!"

"complete with this set of knives!"
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Which one was Korn?
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I was the doctor

Comment

The answer is yes, it was funny, as it did make me chuckle a couple of times. Several amusing spoof thingies included, not so much in the acting, as in some of the information about the quality and terms of purchase. The "straight guy", Conan O'Briens lost cousin, fit his role perfectly. Overall - and especially from a technical POV - well done, korn et al.

But what on earth is Snaphands?

Comment

Winston,

Snaphands are a child's toy that look like small hands connected by long skinny arms to a base. They are made out of a sticky, stretchable, snot like rubber. When you flick them at a wall or other object, they tend to stick to it. After about a week, they are usually covered in dust, and basically lose most of their sticky ability. They sometimes make spiders, and other toys out of the same material.

Comment

The internal server error was pretty funny.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Thanks, never heard of them, but I do remember those icky "rubber" spiders that would wobble on. They were quite popular, I even seem to recall some people using them as mirror adornments for the car.

So I've learned something today also.

How did your video do in the contest?

Comment

nice!
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X