Who would make a good moderator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefu.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill
      If a new moderator was required, it would indeed be wise to have a European mod,
      Starting to sound like the UN Security Council.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Come on over and meet your Candidate in person

I hope to meet all my constituents and shake hands,kiss babies and secure your vote while at the ApolyCon06 Caucus where several high level Gaming Industry types wll be speaking on my behalf so come out and support Grandpa Troll for Moderator

He is your kinda Moderator
        Attached Files
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• ... um... but that's my stapler...
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Would it be a good idea to nominate who we would like to see removed?
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

• Then people will just nominate mods.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278
                Would it be a good idea to nominate who we would like to see removed?
                I'll repeat a post I made from the first page:

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                what about a thread of moderators who shouldnt be moderators? that would be more exciting .. .
                I agree in theory... however, it would be deleted long before it got too exciting

So... HINT, HINT... don't let this thread go down that path, or it will disappear, and some posters will probably get restricted.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Unless you all suggest getting rid of ming and making me the UBERMOD.

nevermind. I don't want to be restricted.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    Unless you all suggest getting rid of ming and making me the UBERMOD.

nevermind. I don't want to be restricted.

sibling rivalry
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• JohnT would make a good mod.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

sibling rivalry
                        That's a Texas Deathmatch I'd love to see.

I thought my old idea was better. A "king for a day" lottery once a year where a lucky poster wins moderatorship for a day and is able to ban anyone... even Ming.

Would be fun for a day I think... or maybe an hour... depending on who won..
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• It doesn't look like I'll ever be a mod . So I hereby withdraw my application for moderatorship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon

That's a Texas Deathmatch I'd love to see.

I thought my old idea was better. A "king for a day" lottery once a year where a lucky poster wins moderatorship for a day and is able to ban anyone... even Ming.

Would be fun for a day I think... or maybe an hour... depending on who won..
                            yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                              People should be banned for a reason, not just out of spite. AFAIK, the rules are clear (and even apply to the mods themselves) so anyone banned should not be surprised by it.
                              Since mods take on a great deal of responsibility they should be carefully selected by other mods and not by winning a contest or lottery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

Since mods take on a great deal of responsibility they should be carefully selected by other mods and not by winning a contest or lottery.

WUSS

Comment

Working...
                                X