Toyota fan club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

You ignorant dumb ass. It is very clear you know nothing about cars. Chevette.
    You are right, I know absolutly nothing about cars...I pretend to do so because its so cool.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride
      Does toyota make motorcycles and scooters?
      I just visited their website... Nope
      Cars, trucks, SUVs, vans and hybrids.

Comment

Chevettes were hands down one of the worst cars ever designed including the eastern block and the crap currently being shuffled in China, and countries such as Iran. Total garbage.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I just visited their website... Nope
          Cars, trucks, SUVs, vans and hybrids.
          Honda and Suzuiki are the only Japanese automakers who also produce motorcycles. There are other Japanese bike makers but not ones which also produce bikes. By and large it has been rare in history for car makers to also make bikes. BMW and Truimph are the only two other makers I can think of though I know Lotus flirted with the idea.

Comment

Oerdin, what is a good motorcycle that I can use to go to the office, and also to travel say 300 km to another city for vacations?

Nothing menacing looking like Harley-Davidson, but better than pizza delivery guy.
            I need a foot massage

Comment

What not a Harley?? Roar in an a black leather jacket, black leather gloves, and motorcycle boots. Nobody will ever leave you off the memo list again.

Comment

It depends on what you like. The European bikes tend to break into two catagories 1) fancy, expensive, and fragil (think Triumph and Ducati) or 2) boring, expensive, and average (think BMW). The Americans mostly make cruisers a la Harley and Indian with the odd second rate sport bike like Buell. So that just leaves Asian bike makers. The Chinese offer dirt cheap but extremely low quality bikes, the Koreans offer well engineered & reasonablely priced bikes which use older technology instead of cutting edge, and the Japanese dominate the high tech & high quality nitch while their prices tend to fall lower then the high end Euros but above everyone else. Unless I was looking for a cruiser or a super high performance bike then I'd go with one of the Japanese big four because they're currently the only ones offering new technology, decent (if slightly high prices), and good quality*.

*In a noncruiser per your specifications.
                Last edited by Dinner; February 21, 2006, 22:46.

Comment

thanks,

I will try Honda
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

I just spent four days driving a Buick (2005 Allure). What a piece. Good God.

It's valued at more than my Mazda 3, but the difference in driving was unreal...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why did you go do that?
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Aimed at a different market with a different design philosphy. We're talking quality here instead of choices made by the design team. Quality wise the Buick will probably be cruising along after you Mazda has been given to the scrap yard due to electrical problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Why did you go do that?
                          I had a choice between a Buick Allure and a Pontiac Bonneville...both are just mind-numbingly terrible vehicles.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Aimed at a different market with a different design philosphy. We're talking quality here instead of choices made by the design team. Quality wise the Buick will probably be cruising along after you Mazda has been given to the scrap yard due to electrical problems.
                            You have to be kidding me.

Buicks are **** for longterm reliability...the car I was in was a 2005 and the engine was already acting up (when idling the car would randomly shake rather violently), the transmission was sloppy at best, the right-rear speaker crackled madly (like someone playing with tin foil, actually) so I had to change the fade to only play out of the front speakers, etc.

It has all of 28,000 kilometers on it and it's already shaky. The alignment was also way off (the wheel had to be rotated ~50 degrees to the left for the car to drive straight, which I'm willing to blame on some idiot curbing the car).

Comment

Then there's just the driving.

"Floaty" doesn't begin to describe it. When I first drove it I was driving ~120 km/h down the 401 in heavy winds. I felt like I was going to die, I had to slow down. When the wind blew the car sorta rolled side to side long after. Cornering was just scary, I felt like it was going to bottom out on the sides. The "traction control" in snow was downright pathetic, the ABS was noisy as hell and not very effective. I really think it's stupid how the reverse lights turn on for ~30s after you park the car, I really htink it's stupid that rather randomly the radio would stay on after the car turned off.

There are other really stupid design decisions: example: by default traction control is on, but the button face is just "T/C" which, to me, implies the button would turn on traction control. But it turns it off...

The stereo system was also just absolutely terrible. The bass was way too loud, I couldn't even understand DJs. I assumed some assclown before me cranked up the bass, but it was +0! I turned it down to -6 and it sounded normal...

It is so obvious to me that so little thought went into the design of this car. Something I think is rampant amongst American cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I had a choice between a Buick Allure and a Pontiac Bonneville...both are just mind-numbingly terrible vehicles.
                                Personally, I would have gone with the Pontiac. I despise Buicks.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X