No announcement yet.

Girl Scout Cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

oh and 19 year olds in girl scout outfits
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
        The idea behind selling girl scout cookies is laudable.
        I'm not sure. Shouldn't these girls be a little older before we teach them how to sell their cookies door to door?
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          thin mints ..
          QFT!FT!

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            It's an American thing.

In this country, while we do have both girl scouts and cookies, we tend to keep the two separated.

Mostly to avoid those pesky crumbs in bed.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

poor Vince professes to be shocked
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Thin mints!!

Tagalongs (peanut butter covered in chocolate) are also good.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Samoas and the sugar cookies
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Girl scouts systematically feeding the obesity problem of America with their sinister home invasions.
                    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I liked the Cheese Yangles but they only sold them for one year. After that I like the Tagalongs. (Has anyone read the fat content on any of the boxes? )
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

no

and

do the still sell samoas?
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi

I'm not sure. Shouldn't these girls be a little older before we teach them how to sell their cookies door to door?
                          I can't recall ever buying gs cookies from girls going door-to-door. They tend to set up shop outside the grocery store or some other busy place. Also, their parents will take sign-up sheets into work. Several times per year, the bulletin board here at work will have a number of these up. Just indicate what types you want and how many boxes, and a few weeks later the parent comes around with the cookies and takes your money.

One could argue that it defeats the supposed purpose of the girls selling the cookies themselves, except that AFAIK, the girls still go and sell them. This just supplements their personal sales. And it gets me gs cookies!

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

how long will it take before we pay $20 for 2 cookies ??

I know they need funds, but geez
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

This being a girl scouts cookies thread and a reference to cannibalism inspires me to post a
                              link to a webcomic!

Comment

Working...
                              X