Well who would have thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well who would have thought...

This may already have been posted but since I wasn't here I wouldn't know, so I'm posting it anyway.

Happy viewing...

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

It was posted but only a preview...(if I do remember right)
    bleh

Comment

You have to make the lie so big, so evident. Nobody will see it as a lie, but as a matter of fact!
      bleh

Comment

@Spec

What do you think about the video?
        bleh

Comment

Well, it's just a resumé of everything I have seen or learned on the subject...I'm not surprised. But a good video all around, I thought i'd share it with you peeps.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Eh, this again?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

He doesn't actually give a full explanation of what he thinks happened. He just says what he thinks didn't happen.

For example, the plane that crashed into the Pentagon, IIRC Flight 77. Here are a number of claims he highlights from different people and eyewitnesses:

- The plane turned surprisingly quickly after being hijacked, leading one aircraft controller to say it seemed more like a military plane.
              - Three eyewitnesses say different things. One says he saw a commercial jet, one says he saw a small corporate jet, and one says he saw a military helicopter.
              - He argues that the hole in the Pentagon doesn't look like a hole from a commercial aircraft. He notes that it looks much more like a Tomahawk missile hit it.
              - He mentions that some people smelled something like cordite explosives after the event.

So then, what happened? Was the Pentagon hit by a commercial jet, as the official story goes? Or was it a small business jet, or a military helicopter, or a military plane, or a tomahawk missile, or by plastic explosives? Does he even care, or is he just trying to pull together anything and everything that contradicts the official explanation?

When you add the crackpotty theory that the plane hitting the WTC fired a missile before crashing into the WTC, you've got about six or seven "alternate" explanations.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Eh, this again?

That's what I thought....

Spec.

Comment

The only good thing about this thread is Tattila's avatar.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I think this is great in that it demonstrates that a small fry with an idea can create a plausible-sounding documentary in today's day and age.

Too many people don't watch video and especially TV critically, contrary to what they do to distinguish fact and fiction among the things they read, for instance. TV news magazines get way too free a ride, in my opinion. If more people had the tools to critique the tricks that somebody like Moore does, then our perceptions of the quality of his work would go down.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                    X