Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So this guy bets his friend he can get 1,000,000,000 page views...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this guy bets his friend he can get 1,000,000,000 page views...

Premium domains add authority to your site. Transparent pricing. 1 year WHOIS privacy included. 30-day money back guarantee.

Can he?

Will we stop clicking on stupid sites?

Weirdo.

Still clicked the link though...but are there rthat many unique ip's?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm proud to say that I didn't click. =P
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

A billion unique hits?

I don't think so.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The Web Site should be in Chinese
          Monkey!!!

Comment

A billion unique hits? He's screwed. There are what, 4.2 billion possible IPs? Given the amount of IPs allocated for local networks and some huge organizations, such as the MIT, and there's a crapload of IPs reserved for multicast and research uses.

What's worse, if a 1000 guys from an organization behind a NAT solution view the guy's page, he's only getting 1 unique hit. So in reality, the hits indicator is going to be quite a fair bit different from how many *people* view the page.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Meh, I don't want to be part of club that boasts a billion members, so I didn't click it.

Besides, think of the money I stand to make when he reaches 999.999.999...
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I don't know why he didn't go for more money. That guy with the million dollar web site had a better idea, as far as cold hard cash goes.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

His bet was probably more along the lines of achieving a million hits (six '0's), and he just blew it up to attract more attention. Imagine, a site without any meaning hit a million times.

Comment

I love the concept Clicked the link
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think he's an idiot, he should've bet for 1million.
                      As Solver points out, it's barely possible to get 1billion unique hits at all, not even talking about some humble site.
                      I could bet that even the site announcing that there's scientific proof we live in Matrix, won't get that many unique hits.
                      Unless agent Smith gets to action, of course..
                      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

One billion? Idiot. He can't make it. That's just a FACT, not trying to pee on his parade.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You're so full of yourself :dopitnow!:

Comment

that makes no sense
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm not clicking. What's he currently at?
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X