Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of cities personally expressing interest in holding the 2008 Dem Nat Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of cities personally expressing interest in holding the 2008 Dem Nat Convention

Anaheim, CA

Dallas, TX

Denver, CO

Detroit, MI

Las Vegas, NV

Minneapolis, MN

New Orleans, LA

New York, NY

Orlando, FL

Phoenix, AZ

San Antonio, TX

The bolded ones are the really important ones. The Dems have two offers from Texas (Dallas would probably be the more logical), one from a city that could use the economic boost (Detroit), one that would be both a sentimental favorite and a good opportunity to highlight rebuilding (New Orleans...duh), and of course, the city that hosted the 2004 Republican Convention, New York ****ing New York

My bet is on Dallas.
    Anaheim, CA
    0.00%
    Dallas, TX
    15.00%
    Denver, CO
    5.00%
    Detroit, MI
    5.00%
    Las Vegas, NV
    0.00%
    Minneapolis, MN
    0.00%
    New Orleans, LA
    35.00%
    New York, NY
    5.00%
    Orlando, FL
    5.00%
    Phoenix, AZ
    0.00%
    San Antonio, TX
    0.00%
    One not listed here
    10.00%
    ............banana.....
    20.00%
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

It's going to be New Orleans.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Bring a bathing costume
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Come on.....DALLAS!
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Difficult to say, but for the 2010 Democratic Winter Convention, I'd definitely go with Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Come on.....DALLAS!
              You really want all those Democrats comin' to yer town, Sloww?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

New Orleans. The Dems somehow have to turn the GOP tide in Louisiana after their hurricane losses.
                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I have to agree with DanS. The Dem's are so collosally incompetant that they must pick the worst choice. Chosing NO would offend a great many people. Thus the Dems will do it.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

How about Guantanamo? I hear Cuba is lovely this time of year...

Comment

Clearly, it should be Tehran
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Kabul

Comment

Those commie traitors should hold their convention in Pyongyang
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Comment

Obviously New Orleans. The Repubs picked New York to capitalize on 9/11 in 2004, the Dems will pick NO to capitalize on the hurricane. Easy.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X