"The dramatic wish of Zevico...is to read some Indonesian newspapers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The dramatic wish of Zevico...is to read some Indonesian newspapers"

Well, I've been trying to read some (English) newspapers from Indonesia, figuring that if I don't speak the language of our closest neighbour I should at least have a semblance of an idea of what goes on there. Likewise with regard to the Phillipines I guess. I dunno. At least -one- country in the Asia Pacific region. Anyone (Lancer?) know of online newspapers from that region? Specifically good ones. Blogs are okay too I guess. If you know some that lean in different directions economically or opinion-wise that'd be good too.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Surely, Papua New Guinea is your nearest neighbour?
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

The Jakarta Post is a good one.

Comment

Working...
      X