Parents can be so cruel sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caligastia
    I agree with Winston and Slowwhand. It disgusts me that parents would do this to their child just for cheap laugh.
    You'd be surprized....

Yet no one believes me here.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I have 1 boy and 3 girls. I would not have done that to them when they were his age. As a teen maybe with a little warning. And not at 13 either. Maybe 16 or above.

Comment

This video makes me sad. Cruelty indeed.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Someone describe the video?

Comment

Errr... It's the old 'look at that trick', then a scary face appears on the screen. The kid goes berzerk and start crying.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
              Why? Its not going to do any permanent damage, and the kid is probably already laughing about it.

Plus its the funniest thing I've ever seen.
              What is so funny about scaring the crap out of a child for laughs? The poor kid will probably have nightmares.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                Again, I'm waiting for a psychological study showing that kids who got airtime on America's Funniest Home Videos are scarred for life.
                Scarred for life or not, scaring the **** out of kids for your own amusement is despicable behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

You'd be surprized....

Yet no one believes me here.
                  Huh? What would I be surprised about and what does nobody believe you about? Your post doesn't seem to follow from what I said...

Comment

As in you'd be surprized how often parents do things like this to their child just for cheap laugh.

And no one believes me that youth are mistreated in society.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm sure it happens more often than most of us would care to imagine.

Youth are mistreated...so is just about any age group in some way or another.

Comment

Youth far more than the others.

Comment

I think this is more supportive of "people are mean and cruel" than "youth are oppressed."
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Mostly, yes. But that it was done by a parent and then put up on the Internet for others to laugh at changes it a bit. Thankfully the responses in this thread show otherwise, for that I am grateful.

Comment

I got pranked by this thing. Unfortunately, I hadn't heard of it, and I happened to have my volume turned up to max because I was listening to music. Yeah, it was a shock, but more because of the stupid volume of the thing - it really freakin hurt my eardrums.
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                                Youth far more than the others.
                                How can you quantify that?

Comment

Working...
                                X