Obligatory Computer Help Thread: DVD-ROMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligatory Computer Help Thread: DVD-ROMs

So, I purchased Civ4 in the DVD-rom format, and it works quite well. The problem is that it seems to sabotage my other games that use the CD drive (there are two drives, one DVD-rom compatible and one that is not).

Take Rome: Total War, which needs the CD to run. Now, when I double-click the icon, the loading screen for Civ4 comes up, then goes away, then RTW comes up with a box saying it can't find the right DVD. WTF?

Surely this bolt-box can figure out to look in one drive instead of another, right? If not, how can I force it to check the CD drive instead of the DVD drive? The only way I can play my other games at present is to launch them from the autorun screen by popping the CD out and putting it back in.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Did you install R:TW from the DVD drive?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Nope. It worked fine until Civ4 was installed.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
      X