Technical Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva

People have been playing this game with older PC's for a while now.

What are your specs?

specs for my Dell Inspiron 19300:

Intel Pentium M
    processor--1.86 GHz
    781 Mhz
    1.00 GB of RAM
    video card--NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800

And of course people have been play Civ IV and many are happy -- but many of those contented people are happy with playing on small or medium maps with only half of number of civs.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      Civ has been the driving force for my personal computer ownership. The release of Civ II prompted me to buy my first PC (we had one in the family, but it was a family computer, which meant my wifes )

The release of Civ IV "forced" me to buy a new state of the art machince so I could run it... making it the most expensive game I have ever bought

Hey Ming -- do I have to contact Firaxis directly since the error code, as already mentioned is a server-side problem??

Comment

Actually the Civ III website that is linked through Apolyton is not Firaxis' official website, so one of the Apolyton tech support guys will have to get off his/her ass and fix the server-side problem.

Comment

Edit: why don't you go to civ3.com?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Civ 3 whats that?
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                Edit: why don't you go to civ3.com?

I suppose I could. So if people can get all the patches they need there, then why doesn't Apolyton either get rid of the Civilization game linked websites or fix the problem?

Comment

thanks Rich

Comment

@MrFun
                    I have near the same spec as you.

Did you try the last patch(1.52) with Bluemod installed, and with the patch from the guy from CivFanac(You know the one I talk about?).

But you're right if you want to play an huge maps with max of players you better have a better computer.

But in games(not on benchmark like SuperPI), the Penthium M 1.86 is outperforming a P4 3.2ghz. (look on review sites)

So your computer is pretty strong to run Civ4.
                    bleh

Comment

cronos, I never tried because I haven't bought Civ IV.

Comment

Working...
                      X