Grrr... or the loss of innocence in Urban America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    You're braver than I am snoopy. A guy stuck something in my back and said he had a gun. I didn't laugh. I gave him what I had on me as mug money -- $10. Didn't get hurt, though.
    Eh, it wasn't bravery ... I could feel the finger (soft, squishy) and thought he was joking...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Clearly these kids were just acting out of frustration for not being allowed to vote.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Clearly it was "The Man" who is holding them down.
        If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Small consolation, but the little pricks will most likely wind up going to prison for some other crime.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Az
            I have beaten small children who threw rocks at my car after I specifically warned them not to...

brilliant.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Would you have done the same if you had expected those children to have guns, and to be willing to go GTA at you?

As I've said, I don't know, because it's a complete hypothetical for me. Still, I know that in such a situation, I would do something about it. Maybe not that time, but I would go through that neighborhood the same street the next time - and I'll have company with me. You should never let the *******s win. You should NEVER turn the other cheek.

brilliant.

They were just little kids (~11) so I knew how little kids are. After the threw a couple of rocks at my car the first time, I caught them ( they were two brothers), and said that I will beat them if they do it again.

They should've listened. I didn't beat them hard, or anything. But I made them cry. Seems like a ****ty thing to do, but in modern life one is powerless against this, except for my reply. What was I going to do? Toss them into my car, and drive them to the police, to be accused of kidnapping? Call the police and ask for help?
              Talk to their parents?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Az, try beating the parents next time.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Az, try beating the parents next time.

they weren't around.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

i just love the mental image of a giant az bearing down on these two little kids, they must have been ****ing themselves!
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

It is funny, but you reminded me of one of these guys me and my friends had a fight with - young arab hick scum, aged 17-19. He was standing with this cafe chair, while I was shouting "bring it on, mother****er, if you want to die".

He ran.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                        It is funny, but you reminded me of one of these guys me and my friends had a fight with - young arab hick scum, aged 17-19. He was standing with this cafe chair, while I was sitting in my Merkava III shouting "bring it on, mother****er, if you want to die".

He ran.
                        I would too

Comment

sorry to hear about this snoop.

Which line is the red line? The Dan Ryan one, or the El?

When I lived in Hyde Park, i took the 55th st bus from each, at least once, but only in daytime, I was chicken to be on the far side of Cottage Grove alone at night.

I walked from the 63rd St el, but also only in daytime. If i was going to or from downtown at night, by transit, i used the express bus or the IC commuter train.

I went with a group of friends to checkerboard lounge, but even though some of them had cars, we went by cab, cause they didnt want to park in the area.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Doh. Sorry to hear it, snoopy.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                            X