The End of "Arrested Development" on FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End of "Arrested Development" on FOX

A 2 hour block of "Arrested Development" last night ended FOX's affiliation with the amazing show . But they ended with a BANG! That was probably the funniest 2 hours I've ever seen, whether it be TV, a movie, anything. Side splitting dialog, great self-referential jokes, and just perfectly done!

I loved how Annyong was the grandkid of the frozen banana guy that Lucille deported back to Korea ("It's the SEC" "They still have boats?")

Also the Congressman who wanted to save "Baby Buster" (which the guy on the phone recognized) climbing into bed with him!

A nice touch was when Michael was in the car with the prosecution saying the Bluth family doesn't run, while you see Maeby running away from the fake wedding for the Alzheimers guys.

Ann ending up with GOB (with her crazy uncle - "The Jews planted fossils in the 1920s") was just perfect after that talent show episode!

I also liked the CIA East / CIA West joke.

And the "Beefcake" magazines Tobius hid in the secret room to learn how to get more muscles! LOL! Speaking of Tobius, when Michael cut him off when he said "I'll get hot sailors. Even better, hot sea-"

GOLD... just Gold.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

A great batch of episodes.

The scenes with Justine Bateman were great, and I liked the touch with Ron Howard at the end.

Hopefully another network picks it up, but if not at least they managed to end well.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

If Showtime picks it up, I'm getting Showtime, and I know other AD fans who are willing to do so as well.

This show is the best stuff on TV, by far.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        If Showtime picks it up, I'm getting Showtime, and I know other AD fans who are willing to do so as well.
        QFT
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            QFT
            They won't regret it. They'll gain a number of new suscribers. Showtime is really bullish, but they want the creator (Hurwitz) to sign on board.

Comment

Working...
            X