Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card issues

P4 3.20GHz, 1gig RAM, ATI Mobile Radeon 9800

I just got "Call of Duty" and I noticed it suffered quite some lag whenever a lot of 3D models were present. Setting the graphic features at low levels didn't change it (and the automatic detection present in the game set the features quite high so it would have been odd if too demanding settings would have been issues).

So I checked on the drivers, and tried to install the latest version of the ATI Catalyst driver. However, halfway the installation I got this message: "INF error videodriver not found", and then something like "... setup display with standard vga driver...". ATI's download page said a clean install was recommended. I figured not uninstalling the previous version was the issue.

So ok, uninstalled the ATI Cataclyst driver and tried installing the latest version again. Of course, I again got that previous message and apparently I lost the driver for my video controller in the process (if that's the intention it does somewhat piss me off I can't install because of a missing piece of software it removed itself).

So now I need to find that VGA compatible video controller or whatever, which of course I also can't find.

Advice and words of sympathy appreciated.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Mobility drivers usually have to be distributed by the laptop maker.

Or you can just use this program. It modifies the Catalyst things to work properly for Mobility chips: http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Good thing we have you around to rescue us from our ****-ups.
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Does you know what the issue I'm having with with Call Of Duty could be in the first place? It really doesn't make any difference when I use lower graphic settings.

Comment

Call of Duty 2 runs like crap in any setting on my Radeon 9800 Pro/Athlon 64 3200+ too. Didn't bother to figure out why, I bought it for the Xbox 360.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
          X