• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Talk: Jose Theodore tests positive for banned substance

Canadiens address Theodore's positive test
    Jose Theodore

TSN.ca Staff

2/9/2006 6:03:16 PM

The Montreal Canadiens announced that goaltender Jose Theodore tested positive for a substance on the WADA banned substance list, at a Thursday evening news conference.

Head Team Physician, Dr. David Mulder, discussed details of the test.

Theodore tested positive for the hair restoration drug, Propecia, which is not an anabolic steroid but does act as a masking agent. Mulder stated that Theodore has been using the product for "eight to nine years" and, until recently, was unaware that it was a masking agent.

Mulder went on to say that Propecia, on its own, does not have any performance-enhancing attributes; it simply grows hair. According to Mulder, Propecia will stay in one's system for more than 30 days.

Theodore, 29, has struggled this season, posting a 17-15-5 record with a 3.46 goals against average and .881 save percentage.

Mulder stated that Theodore's test was administered on December 12, 2005 and the results were revealed January 14, 2006.

Based on Bryan Berard's positive test, as part of USA Hockey's pre-Olympic program, Theodore's tests should have no impact on his NHL status as the NHL has decided pre-Olympic testing conducted prior to the Jan. 15, 2006, institution of the league's drug-testing program is not recognized as a violation of the league program.
    I guess the drug actually works:
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Gotta wonder if his recent decline could be due to the distraction from this.

Comment

I wondered the same thing.

Below is his game log, with the red line indicating when he found out he tested positive.
      Attached Files
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I used to take Propecia. I stopped because I couldn't get hard anymore
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

It seems he was doing pretty bad beforehand as well .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
              I used to take Propecia. I stopped because I couldn't get hard anymore
              TMI!! TMI!!
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Both being impotent and balding seems to be a trend in French Canadians.

Comment

First I'm not balding, it was a preventive measure because a lot of people in my family are. Second my impotency was temporary. Wanna bet I'm larger than you?

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                      First I'm not balding, it was a preventive measure because a lot of people in my family are. Second my impotency was temporary. Wanna bet I'm larger than you?
                      Yes.

But your weight has nothing to do with impotence.

Comment

Please. I'll bet you both need tweezers to masturbate.
                        What?

Comment

Asher probably needs one, to clear the jungle a bit around the target

Comment

he looks like the son of Quentin Tarantino and Ricky Martin. If they could have a child that is.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                            X