Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freeware for ripping your CDs to M4a + FREE XBOX360!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware for ripping your CDs to M4a + FREE XBOX360!

no, no free XBox. STFU.

I have a couple of CDs I want to make copies of, and I wanted to do it in this new m4a format. How do I do it? is it the best format?

TIA.
    urgh.NSFW

the owners really need to clamp down on these shameless spambots
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah, Ming... you need to permaban this one!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Man, I WISH I was permabanned. It would open up, like, hours, wait, DAYS on my weekly schedule.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

To do what exactly?

Comment

Post somewhere else? Get on with the Communist World Revolution?

M4A? Is it supposed to be better than MP3? Or OGG?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

m4a is supposed to be better than them, AFAIK. And I want to have these files on my disk-on-key/music player.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

M4A is AAC.

iTunes rips into AAC format. From what I hear, it's the best M4A/AAC encoder.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have 0 experience with AAC. Thusly you might as well have told me it's made out of little plutonium particles that live inside my hard disk.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

'sides, isn't AAC a proprietary format, and can be played only by iTunes and iPods?

TEH EDITATION, ASHER. so iTunes is the best encoder. but is this format the best? and is it proprietary?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

AAC/M4A isn't proprietary in the sense that Apple controls it. M4P is, which is AAC/M4A with Apple's DRM controls, which are proprietary.

AAC is an ISO standard.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

x-post.
                        so, is it good/ the best? how about that "monkey audio" thing that I heard about? ( won't go on my player, yes, but anyway... )
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

There is no best, it depends on the files and a bunch of other things.

AAC is very good, so are OGG and WMA. They are all much better than MP3.

Use what is supported by players. WMA is the most popular outside of iPod/iTunes.

Comment

gotcha.

Thank you very much, Asher
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think I asked this before, (but forgot about doing it), but how do I convert m4p's into something useful like mp3's?

Comment

Working...
                              X